Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonekickers go Roman
Quote:It must be bad. Hubby switched off halfway through and did the washing up! Confusedhock:

That's so odd! Mine also went off to do the washing up. Perhaps we can come up with a plan utilising Bonekickers to get men to do all the housework.. hmmm.. *strokes chin*
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:The whole thing sounds in sync with Post-Processual Archaeology anyway. What does "dodgy" mean?
What does Post-Processual Archaeology mean?! :wink:
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
Quote:Dudicus wrote:
I first thought "Bonekickers" was a name of some new wacky crazy-violent sport you guys invented.

Stupid name, anyway. My own experience of archaeology suggests that "Mudkickers" would be more accurate.

After watching most of the Boudicca episode I would say that they should have given it the title of S**T kickers!

It's appalling!
Quote:
Quote:Dudicus wrote:
I first thought "Bonekickers" was a name of some new wacky crazy-violent sport you guys invented.

Stupid name, anyway. My own experience of archaeology suggests that "Mudkickers" would be more accurate.

After watching most of the Boudicca episode I would say that they should have given it the title of S**T kickers!

It's appalling!

Naaa, that name belongs to a perfectly useful type of boot!
Mind you, if you drop the 'kickers', it would be spot on! :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Gaius Decius Aquilius:35q3y0xy Wrote:The whole thing sounds in sync with Post-Processual Archaeology anyway. What does "dodgy" mean?
What does Post-Processual Archaeology mean?! :wink:

This link is a Post-Processual view of Post-Processualism.
http://imnh.isu.edu/digitalatlas/arch/ArchDef/main.htm

Actually, PP take a lot of Systems Theory (positivist) and claims it as its own, while making two claims about the Systems approach:

First, Systems Theory analytic methods were too complex to be workable. This claim was made before the invention of the PC. (Personal Computer, not Politically Correct.)

Second, Systems Theory was not PC. (Politically Correct.)

I made a joke here with my first post, of course, but the PP gang can take things to the extreme sometimes, I think, playing to "sensitivity issues". There are volumes written on theoretical hair-splitting.

Edit: (...and Ducan, I know you know damn good and well what Post-Processual Archeology is... Smile I have read too many of your posts... )

Ralph I.
Quote: :

I made a joke here with my first post, of course, but the PP gang can take things to the extreme sometimes, I think, playing to "sensitivity issues". There are volumes written on theoretical hair-splitting.

Ralph I.

So, the PP brigade were just taking the piss then? Or is that not PC?
Or am I OT and not PC?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
This series finally ended this week. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be a comedy...

My favourite part...

"Don't mess with me, I'm an archaeologist". Which must be the best line yet surely.

Utterly ludicrous series! Big Grin
Kat x

Dolly to Evil Archaeologist: Call yourself a bonekicker?!

To which EA inexplicably failed to reply "A what?!" Once again the evil cult were defeated by random facts being shouted at them. In true Bonekickers style, havinfg found Excalibur they managed to destroy it. I sometimes think it should be Gillian, not her mother, in the care home!
Carus Andiae - David Woodall

"The greatest military machine in the history of the universe..."
"What is - the Daleks?"
"No... the Romans!" - Doctor Who: The Pandorica Opens
Quote:Dolly to Evil Archaeologist: Call yourself a bonekicker?!

To which EA inexplicably failed to reply "A what?!" Once again the evil cult were defeated by random facts being shouted at them. In true Bonekickers style, havinfg found Excalibur they managed to destroy it. I sometimes think it should be Gillian, not her mother, in the care home!

:lol:

Yeah the sword survives numerous battles and belonging to Boudicca, Arthur, Joan of Arc, Templar Knights etc only to fizzle apart when they get their hands in it. I'm pretty sure I snorted with laughter when she rose up like the lady of the lake.

The EA in this one was Brutus in Rome. I think his expression through most of it was "at least it's paying the bills, at least it's paying the bills"!
Kat x

Quote:The EA in this one was Brutus in Rome.

Brutus!! I knew I recognised him!

(By the way, how did Boudica get hold of Excalibur? I gathered than Claudius brought it to Britain, but how did Bonkers Boudi get it? Wedding present for her and Prasutagus??)

"What is - the Daleks?"
Quote:
Libitina:2revh98r Wrote:The EA in this one was Brutus in Rome.

Brutus!! I knew I recognised him!

(By the way, how did Boudica get hold of Excalibur? I gathered than Claudius brought it to Britain, but how did Bonkers Boudi get it? Wedding present for her and Prasutagus??)

Hey you should write the scripts :lol: That's probably about right. Ooo or Atila the Hun was actually born many years earlier (cos history doesn't matter right?) and sailed to Britain in the Ark brandishing excaliber and swigging from the holy grail?
Kat x

Quote:Utterly ludicrous series! Big Grin
I gave up on it after the Bath episode. So it has finally finished, has it?

I don't expect they'll commission a second series -- even one based on the tale of how the Shield of Achilles was preserved through the ages by a secret society who disguised it as a Balti dish.
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/
The BBC, in unending wisdom, has decided to drop the series.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
We should probably erect an altar of thanks to the relevant god... :lol:

"What is - the Daleks?"