Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last film you watched....
The Green Man. 1956 English classic comedy with Alistair Sim, George Cole and Terry Thomas. What a hoot Big Grin

Sadly they don't make them like this any more Sad
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I keep meaning to do this one day.....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Just went and saw "John Carter of Mars", based on the novel Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Surprisingly, it was pretty good!

Also, the director/producer must have been a fan of HBO's Rome...Julius Caesar (Ciaran Hinds) plays the king of Helium, and rather odd, but Marc Antony (James Purefoy) plays his right-hand man. Caesar's servant, Posca (Nicholas Woodeson) is also in it.

Isn't Polly Walker (Attia from HBO's Rome) also in it? On IMDB it lists her as "Sarkoja" whoever that may be. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401729/
Alexander
Quote:
Quote:Just went and saw "John Carter of Mars", based on the novel Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs. Surprisingly, it was pretty good!

Also, the director/producer must have been a fan of HBO's Rome...Julius Caesar (Ciaran Hinds) plays the king of Helium, and rather odd, but Marc Antony (James Purefoy) plays his right-hand man. Caesar's servant, Posca (Nicholas Woodeson) is also in it.

Isn't Polly Walker (Attia from HBO's Rome) also in it? On IMDB it lists her as "Sarkoja" whoever that may be. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401729/

Indeed she is. There are also actors from Centurion (Dominic West) and from The Eagle (Mark Strong)

Took my grandson to see John Carter.

I know of the books, but have not read them so we went with no preconceived ideas of how the film should look or how the story should flow. We enjoyed it.

Silly? Sometimes
Plot Holes? A few
Flat Acting? Yes
Fun? Indeed so.

What I did not see is where the $250 million was spent. CGI is expensive, but ...

Even so, an amusing way to spend an afternoon eating popcorn.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
I didnt notice her in it, so maybe she was in a deleted scene or something. After seeing her assets in Rome....i am somewhat of a fan lol

Legion: TBD
She was in the remake of Clash of the Titans too...

Last night's dvd treat was Jason and the Argonauts. Such fun :grin:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Ray Harryhuasens skeingtons are the biz...love that film from aged 8 till i die.
Kevin
Kevin
Appolo 18...interesting idea combined with real footage...different..not great but worth a watch
Kevin
Kevin
I thought Apollo 18 was great. If you ask the average person what was the last Apollo mission to the moon I bet few would remember (it was 17). In that respect some people might expect it to be a factual 'mission going wrong' type thing like Apollo 13 was. The idea behind this film is almost worthy of The X-Files in its conspiratorial nature and ending ...
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
Can someone plese tell me why I thought watching "Troy" was a good idea?

The first time I tried to watch it I switched it off after half an hour.

Got a bit further this time but it was still switched off...or is it just because I can't stand Orlando Bloom??? :roll:
Moi Watson

I think you hit the nail on the head...but you get to see him get his ass whipped, frequently...it's definately worth watching, just for that! Wink
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Last film I watched...and saw a bit again last night...Avatar!
Love the big blue people! 8-)
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Last film I watched...and saw a bit again last night...Avatar!
Love the big blue people! 8-)
Me too, I can watch it over and over..
Speaking of big blue people.. I'm going to watch the Farscape series again.. Wink
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Never saw that! Played the game though! :-)

Saw Ironclad? wit hMarc Antony from the Rome series playing a knight Templar...
was pretty good I thought, but fell asleep before it was finished!
Thats no reflection on the movie, just it started late...
I get up at 4am
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I like a part in ironclad where a guy has no weapon so picks up a severed limb and beats the other guy with it lol
Simon Burrows.