Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last film you watched....
Yes, I do too - but still prefer James Purefoy in George and the Dragon :wink:

I watched the bit in Troy where Paris gets his come-uppance from Menalaus as Byron suggested and decided that nope, I really still don't think much of the film. But trying to be MORE objective I have decided that it isn't just Mr Bloom whom I dislike, I've never been a fan of Paris' either so perhaps it is a good portrayal but not enough for me to finish the movie...
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Well...thems the facts eh?
i also saw a bit of Eagle last night and thought it was almost good at points, pathetic in others....and eventually lost interest.
Donald Sutherland must have been desperate to have played that part, his lines were crap.
There were some great scenes, such as the villa itself, but the mohikans wee to ofa off the wwall...

lost interest after the were inter cepted by this bunch of undecideds...
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
East Meets West

I watched it on Hulu with a friend for something to do. It was a western but made by Japan in America. The Lead Actor was Hiroyuki Sanada (Ujio from Last Samurai a.k.a. The Guy that liked to beat up Tom Cruise).
It was kind of like Shanghai Noon was later on but "A Little" more serious. It is a good way to spend some down time and I do recommend itSmile
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
I love Hiroyuki Sanada...great actor!

Legion: TBD
Me TooSmile
Craig Bellofatto

Going to college for Massage Therapy. So reading alot of Latin TerminologyWink

It is like a finger pointing to the moon. DON\'T concentrate on the finger or you miss all the heavenly glory before you!-Bruce Lee

Train easy; the fight is hard. Train hard; the fight is easy.- Thai Proverb
As it is the Easter season I watched Quo Vadis last night.

Ghastly Hollywood type armour - leather brest plates, dodgy LS and vembraces abound - but you can't beat Robert Taylor <sigh> being all squared jawed Roman...and the fire in Rome is a hugely enjoyable scene. Oh and a good chariot chase too.

And as for Peter Ustinov's Nero - brilliant! Knocks the spots off John Hurt's Caligula! Marvellously over the top suffering artist portrayal with a suitably evil Poppea in tow (including cheetahs).

Great story, an interesting script and hugely entertaining as long as you turn a blind eye to the "costume". Didn't even notice how long it was despite having to insert disk two :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Passed a reasonably entertaining 90 minutes watching The Last Legion on Netflix, which has fun and games with very late Roman and early British history. Somehow they managed to talk Ben Kingsley into appearing in this nonsense which sees the path taken by the boy Emperor Romulus. I'll say one thing for these ventures - there is a sizable clique of actors who appear in all these things. I noticed many familiar faces from Rome, Spartacus and other recent TV and made for DVD film offerings in this quasi-fantasy drivel :lol:

Also watched a very predictable and dull film called 51 (as in Area ...) with Bruce Boxleitner who presumably needs the cash.

More fun was watching the first X-Files film again. I do love The X-Files and as myself and my son (also an X-phile) have been working our way through the entire series (again) obviously between seasons 5 & 6 you have to watch the film Fight The Future (as it was dubbed). This is a great film and better than the second movie outing in 2008. Roll on the third one ...

Oh yes - finally got around to seeing John Carter (in 3D) and must say it was far better than I had feared, although the lead actor has as much charisma as a wet blanket. The girl playing Dejah Thoris was far more convincing (and yummy). But - and this being Disney who usually don't do clever or risky - why on earth (or Mars) wasn't it called John Carter of Mars? :?
[size=75:2kpklzm3]Ghostmojo / Howard Johnston[/size]

[Image: A-TTLGAvatar-1-1.jpg]

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
I just saw Ridley Scott's Prometheus, sort of an Alien prequel. I was quite impressed. It was much better than I expected. And Charlize Theron is in it. Wow.
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Waiting for "Prometheus" to come to town. Got round to watching "Ironclad"....loved it, thoroughly entertaining film.
Kevin
Kevin
Quote:Waiting for "Prometheus" to come to town. Got round to watching "Ironclad"....loved it, thoroughly entertaining film.
Kevin

Saw Prometheus last Saturday. It's very good. I saw the 3D version, although I don't think this is essential to be honest. I'm a big sci-fi film fan, and of course anything by Ridley Scott is going to be superb. This is a neat spin on the prequel idea. I'm sure you'll love it.

[size=75:2kpklzm3]Xerxes - "What did the guy in the pass say?" ... Scout - "Μολὼν λαβέ my Lord - and he meant it!!!"[/size]
I am glad to hear it is as good as it looks...I hope to catch it before it leaves the cinema.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
You absolutely must! 8)

But see if the ending baffles you as much as it did me...

Quote:You absolutely must! 8)

But see if the ending baffles you as much as it did me...

Tell me nuthink....... 8-)
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Agreed, I thought Ironclad was very good, as a rented film, may not have had the same opinion if I had payed theater prices to see it. Confusedmile:

Rented "Safe House" a couple of nights ago, predictable but very good, best film I have rented this year. Of course, I don't think I have ever seen a bad Denzel Washington film!

(well, there was The Mighty Quinn.. hehe)

"The men who once dwelled beneath the crags of Mt Helicon, the broad land of Thespiae now boasts of their courage"
Philiades

"So now I meet my doom. Let me at least sell my life dearly and have a not inglorius end, after some feat of arms that shall come to the ears of generations still unborn"
Hektor, the Iliad
Love "Ironclad". Recently been to Rochester on business and HAD to go and look at the Keep as a result. What an impressive castle it must have been in its hey day!

Also waiting for Prometheus and would like to see this one in the cinema so I hope it'll be worth the 20 mile trek and ££££ to get in!

I've just treated myself to the Director's Cut of Arn the Knight Templar. Some much better understanding of the books now added, as well as the scene when the English knight kills Arn's horse which I had forgotten about - so lucky I watched it on my own! Confusedhock: Cry Cry
Moi Watson