Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st C AD general\'s lorica
Quote:Worrying about a tiny hook that is found or not found on one model of helmet when there is only one found type is going overboard. Everyone needs to relax their authenticity sphincters now and then.

It's a video game that has gone above and beyond, and yet people still nitpick on silly things.

It would just be nice if people gave it a rest for once.

Who's worried? :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:What? Me worry? --Alfred E. Newman
Nuff said.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:
Magnus:3cqwbqri Wrote:Worrying about a tiny hook that is found or not found on one model of helmet when there is only one found type is going overboard. Everyone needs to relax their authenticity sphincters now and then.

It's a video game that has gone above and beyond, and yet people still nitpick on silly things.

It would just be nice if people gave it a rest for once.

Who's worried? :roll:

You'd be surprised...though some are probably loathe to admit it. 8)

Legion: TBD
Well, as Brian pointed it out and I,ve been wearing one with the 2 hooks for the last 2 years or so....I was just surprised I had never actually noticed it before.....but I find the second hook useful anyway, so will probably hang on to it, as much as I respect Brians knowledge....
(he makes pretty useful kit, don't you know)

Anyways, BTT Big Grin
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
There is another thing about the Deepeeka helmet you might like to know it's peak is cast so for heavens sake don't drop it, I've just finished doing a correct peak on one for a friend who did. so carefull Byron
Brian Stobbs
Yeah, when I widened my Gallic F I tried to do the bowl and the brim at the same time...snapped the brim, but was able to weld it. :?

Legion: TBD
Yes, I remember Brian. It just fits as is with thin padding, so I will leave it alone. But I might need some advice for making a new peak for another helmet.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
It would appear that the Deepeeka are casting this peak then when they grind it down they have it fitting flush to the bowl which I have to say is wrong. This gives the impression they may be useing one cast peak to fit a few different helmets.
Brian Stobbs