Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know where this is from?
Quote:
MeinPanzer:dtbioq8s Wrote:
Laran:dtbioq8s Wrote:
Paralus:dtbioq8s Wrote:Where can one locate the article?
It's from a Turkish popular science magazine ArkeoAtlas, Issue 6, 2007. The article is by two of the experts working on restoration of these finds, Latife Summerer and Alexander von Kienlin.
The site of the issue http://www.kesfetmekicinbak.com/atlasla ... las/04614/

The ArkeoAtlas article is good, but unfortunately a bit limited, and with rather small images. The scenes have now been fully published in the article "Picturing Persian Victory: The Painted Battle Scene on the Munich Wood" by Lâtife Summerer in Ancient Civilizations from Scythia to Siberia, Volume 13, Numbers 1-2, 2007, pp. 3-30.
Thanks, Ruben. The version of the "Ancient Civilizations From Scythia to Siberia" article from EBISCOHost seems to be missing the pictures- where did you get your copy?

I got my copy from an actual volume of the journal that I got a hold of in one of the German Archaeological Institute's libraries in Berlin. A brief search shows that it is available online through a couple of different databases - have you tried looking through all of them?
Ruben

He had with him the selfsame rifle you see with him now, all mounted in german silver and the name that he\'d give it set with silver wire under the checkpiece in latin: Et In Arcadia Ego. Common enough for a man to name his gun. His is the first and only ever I seen with an inscription from the classics. - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian
I've also checked, and figures in Roman rumerals (I-XVIII) are missing. Perhaps colour plates with separate pagination and not scanned?

Anyone got them?