Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which roman soldier would you have been? (Combatants)
Centurio Hastatus...
Non auro sed ferro recuperanda est patria
Nulla alia gens tanta mole cladis obruta esset
[Image: vasolib30240105up4.jpg]

Francesco Saverio Quatrano
Crispus Aquilio s.p.d

Cynic or realist? I guess both death in the mist and death in luxury from jealous husbands were possible outcomes!!

Vale optime

Crispus
GAIUS MARCIUS CRISPUS AKA Bob
Gaius you have to be a combatant :twisted:
Salve Thomas.

Sorry - too old even to be an evocatus.

I have to watch you young ones!

Vale optime

Crispus
Well you could be a centurio
Quote:Gaius you have to be a combatant :twisted:

Did not you see where I distinguished myself on a campaign?

Besides, I have been a combatant in real life and it is nothing I care to ever try again, or even in a joke post.

Ralph
I'm sorry I did not see that :oops:
Salve Thomas

You sure on that?

I'll have to check retirement ages.

Vale optime

Crispus
Well once a legionarius retired he could be called up later (Yes they would accept a soldier around his early sixties and if he accepted he would get a centurions ranks by default
Salve Thomas

That's great - I didn't realise that you could be invited back as old as that. Thanks for the information. You can learn a lot here that I have not come across before.

Perhaps the 9th Spanish are looking for centurions!

Thanks again.

Vale optime

Crispus.
Quote: I didn't realise that you could be invited back as old as that. Thanks for the information.
Perhaps the 9th Spanish are looking for centurions!
Yes, was possible and sometimes necessary, but was not necessarily something people looked forward to. So its probably rather force than invitation. Wink
Regardless of that its not even remotely likely they would made you Centurio (presumably propaganda of the enlistment officer :lol: ) There's even debate if troopers could become Centurio at all.
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Appearantly it was a common practice the army gets an experienced soldier to train their raw recruits which is always nice, and the centurion gets a cool uniform, he is an experienced officer so people will listen to him and some will obey his orders he doesn't have to much about decimation and he gets all sorts of cushy benefits Smile (Besides what would be the point of calling up someone in their sixties who had experience if you wern't going to promote him? the legion had plenty of younger people for ballista fodder)
Centurion's were frequently 'ballista fodder' :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Yes but they had cool uniform
Oh yeah! 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel