Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ghost of roman soldier haunts hospital
Thats what you get when you build on top of a roman road..

from a very "reliable" source:
[url:1gu93aoj]http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2189230.ece[/url]
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Yikes! I may be shortly moving to a house which is right next to an old Roman road, I think the garden may cover part of it. Am I going to be finding centurions amongst my sweet peas ? Confusedhock:
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Be careful they don't start foraging for food.

BTW, your avatar might want to take stock of her situation.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Well!,a reliable source indeed,hanging around the morgue dressed in black,now that is just tailor made to assist any patients recovery,all he has missing is that scythe and a horse called Binky!!! :wink: .
Iain Victory is Mine..stewie griffin
Kennedy Theatre at the University of Hawai'i (Manoa) is built upon a path used by ancient Hawaiians walking to their heiau deep in Manoa Valley. The story goes that the spirit of a Hawaiian warrior haunts the theatre. I never heard him, even though I spent many a late night working alone in the theatre, but many other students and staff did.

One summer we spent a week on a remote part of Molokai. This island is next to Maui and is where Kamehameha banished all the sorcerers who opposed his rule of the islands. One day we followed a warrior's path through the ruins of their heiau up to a pond fed by a beaufitul waterfall. We noticed that the local kids swimming there were each finding a rock, wrapping it in a tea leaf, and placing it by the side of pond before they went swimming. We decided it was best to follow this custom and did likewise. The local kids then became very friendly and explained that the rock was an offering of respect to the spirits that inhabited the pond and ensured that we could enjoy a safe swim.

When in Roman it is best to do as the Romans do.

Likewise the Hawaiians will not drive over the Pali (the pass from the Leeward to Windward side of the island of Oahu) with pork in their car. The Pali was the site of King Kamehameha's great battle for control of the islands. Many warriors were killed in the area (many falling from the cliffs into the valley below). The spritis of the warriors still prowl the area and if a car with porks travel the Pali Highway it will develop problems of one sort or another and be forced to stop allowing the warriors a taste of the pork (spiritually speaking). Now this never happened to me, but then I never took pork over the Pali. However, my wife (born and raised in the islands) swears it is true.

Will you find legionaries feasting on your sweet peas Memmia... you just might...

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman ghost spotted at Wakefield Memmia 23 5,966 02-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Last Post: muskitear