Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
childrens toys and roman costume
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0112623600

I found this on ebay and while I've no interest in buying one or have any connection to the seller I thought it may interest some of you with kids,theres other stuff in his shop too.
Really amazing! Confusedhock: It´s a surprise for me what can be done with moulded plastic.

A time ago I found a webpage that sold Lewis machine-gun (one of my favourite weapons, BTW) replicas made this way!
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
I actually came across this site a couple of years ago while looking for a helmet for my grandson. Unfortunately at the time shipping to the US was prohibitive. IIRC Rusty Myers contacted them about importing the helmets to carry in his shop but nothing came of it.

This is an amazingly good looking item. I ended up making my own but the results were not nearly as impressive as this one.

Perhaps I should check on the shipping again...

Thanks for posting the link.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
I have seen these used quite frequently in the last couple of years. I think English Heritage sell them at their Roman sites, and IIRC we have them at Archaolink for the 'recruits'! Smile
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Gladiator Costume cacrispvs 18 3,029 09-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Memmia
  Roman toys Robert Vermaat 17 3,209 11-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Crispvs