Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blueprints for making an Armor Stand?
Quote:Although Alexander do you feel that having the segmentata sit on the ground with the weight riding on itself is better for the internal leather?

I think it is - only the straps that attach the top part are under pressure, and the weight of that part is less than that of the entire armor.

Matt Lukes who made the armor did not think that its weight will stretch the leather since the leather is wide/thick enough and pre-stretched. But I would be interested to hear from those who had their segmented armor displayed hanging for a good while—was there any stretching at all?
M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER
(Alexander Kyrychenko)
LEG XI CPF

quando omni flunkus, mortati
Quote:My Corbridge A has been hanging for just about 10 years...I have only had to replace one strap, and there has been negligable if any stretching of the leather.

Thanks, Matt, that is valuable info.
M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER
(Alexander Kyrychenko)
LEG XI CPF

quando omni flunkus, mortati
Yeah, I don't know why the leather didn't stretch out more. It's just regular veggy tanned with neatsfoot oil. The leather strap I had to replace was the front left one that attached the breastplate to the top girdle plate. But it had gotten mangled from the buckle loop because I didn't finish it properly. So the strap was kind of being slowly cut by it.

Legion: TBD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ideas for an Armor Stand? rszebras 29 6,177 01-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Armor Stand Anonymous 13 3,562 07-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Anonymous