Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imperial italic D\'s painted black
I'll try a very wild guess, you never know... Is it this helmet, Brian?

[Image: mainz.gif]

Best regards,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Those are the pictures I've seen. Thanks!
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
Jef.

That is the helmet I made for the late Doug' Arnold many years ago, however I did not make that one black he had that done himself the other one that I blued belongs to another re-enactor. I have in fact reproduced this particular helmet four times the latest being the one that I blued.
Brian Stobbs
At least I guessed right that this was one made by you Smile
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Jef.

That is very true indeed however the most spectacular legionary helmet apart from decorative cavalry ones I have made was the Gallic D.
In fact it is the only true copy of the Gallic D helmet todate, a more interesting cavalry one that is all my own creation is indeed my Avatar and this is four different helmets all thrown together into one.
I can't post pitures up at this time however Doc has put up copies of the Gallic D in the past that may be some where on RAT.
Brian Stobbs
Jef.

I think I should also point out that the pictures of that Italic D come from the late Doug' Anold's web site and all his other pieces of armour shown there is indeed my work.
Brian Stobbs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka Imperial Italic D vs Gallic G Helmet Cheek Guard lenghts wwiigunz 0 1,154 09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: wwiigunz
  Imperial-Italic D helmet:question Caracalla 22 6,161 07-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Celer
  Imperial Italic G question Iosephus 3 1,577 06-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Iosephus