Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT Round-Up 2003 - Xanten - 21 & 22 June 2003
Dan,<br>
Does this mean that the event is in doubt for RAT? Or does it only mean we have to pay our own way?<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Robert,<br>
I don't know what arrangements have been made for RAT so far. Martin said they were interested in having us attend. Unfortunately, when it comes to events where money is offered and only a limited number of groups can be paid, there can be "cutthroat competition" and some animosities. Receiving food, travel expenses, etc are alway nice "extras" but I have never let this be the overriding factor for attending an event. We tend more to go for the events that should be fun. Havining done Xanten many times, it has become a bit boring, and lacks the kind of hospitality and appreciation shown, say, by the orgnanizers of event at Albano, Vienne, Tolouse, Romania, Hungary and others. Frankly, the biggest incentive for me supporting/attending this event is because of the RAT participation.<br>
Dan <p></p><i></i>
Well, then, this is a call to RAT:<br>
<br>
Will there be an organised RAT presence at Xanten 2003? Is there anything organised or will it just be a weekend where all RAT members who can will drop by as individuals, as part of participating groups, or as visitors?<br>
<br>
As there are dates to be reserved, I'd respectfully like to know what if any the intention is.<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Robert,<br>
At this moment Martin (Magister Navis) is in contact with the organizing committee in Xanten. We are planning an organised presence, as said before, but not enough is straightened out to make it public. As soon as we know more, we'll put the word out. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hi,Dan<br>
I'm the centurio of the LEG X GPF from Czech rep.<br>
I need some help to contact anybody due roman weekend 21-22.6.in Xanten,to take some info.Our group represent legionaries from dacian to marcomanian war.Most we provide combat fight with enemy(Celtic,Germanic warriors)We have few year experience with this kind of show(most in Carnuntum).Thanks for any help!<br>
MGV <p></p><i></i>
Thanks for the info Jasper.<br>
<br>
Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
MGV,<br>
Sorry for the delay in responding, I missed your post. I cannot find my old Xanten correpondence, but recall it was not organized at Xanten itself, but some kind of Rheinland-wide area events organization in Pullheim, near Koln. Maybe Martin can give you the contact. If you do not get an invitation for your specific group, some of you could probably join under the RAT umbrella.... once we figure out exactly what we are going to do. If we go with a multi-period display, your people with the later 2nd century gear would be good since this period is not very commonly depicted.<br>
<br>
Dan. <p></p><i></i>
Sander,<br>
Would you happen to know at what stage the organisation of the Xanten weekend is? It's been two months after I last checked, and no info has come forward. I need to know if I can make some arrangements... I also asked Martin about it.<br>
Cheers,<br>
Robert <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=vortigernstudies>Vortigern Studies</A> at: 1/28/03 4:27:30 pm<br></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
<br>
<br>
<br>
Salue Gambrinus,<br>
<br>
could you tell me your e-mail address or write to me? Your website does not work...<br>
Maybe there is room for inviting your group at the roman event I'm organizing in the Ostia Antica archeological area (Roma).<br>
This is the second edition of the event: I organized the first one in Albano on October 2002.<br>
<br>
The dates are 17-18 May 2003, the groups will arrive on Friday 16 May. If you are interested, please send me some pics of your group, here are my e-mail addresses:<br>
<br>
[email protected] <br>
[email protected] <br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
<br>
Titus Sabatinus Aquilius<br>
<br>
"Desilite, inquit, commilitones, nisi vultis aquilam hostibus prodere" D.B.G. (4.25)<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
<br>
Oops! My first address was wrong...<br>
<br>
it's:<br>
<br>
[email protected] <br>
<br>
<br>
Vale,<br>
<br>
Titus Sabatinus Aquilius<br>
<br>
"Desilite, inquit, commilitones, nisi vultis aquilam hostibus prodere" D.B.G. (4.25) <p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Dear friends,<br>
I forgot describe our contacts,so,<br>
our website is legioxgpf.livinghistory.cz<br>
I´m sorry,the czech version only,<br>
my Email is [email protected] <br>
some pictures you can find on foto.wothanburg.cz/<br>
there look to Gladius I<br>
Yours sincerely,<br>
M.Gambrinus vulgaris <p></p><i></i>