Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman reenactor photo book
There is movement on the Roman Reenactor Photo book-front! The publisher needs only a small (financial) nudge to get it out. They are now offering a special sponsor package. For a contribution of €250, you get:
- A copy of the book (of course)
- Your name listed in the book as sponsor
- An A2 size (about 42*60cm, 16"*24") poster of one of the photos printed on art paper.

Interested?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hmmmm, is my photo in the book? (yes, I too have my vanities)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
This is the sort of thing I wish could be a kickstarter :/ I'd be interested in registering support but could not afford to go beyond a pre-order price in terms of investment. 250 Euros sounds like it could cut out a lot of the potential readership. How many such donations do they need?
What would the book normally cost (what am I paying extra as sponsor)?

I'm tempted!!

Make it two posters - my family and I are on two different pictures... ;-)
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:This is the sort of thing I wish could be a kickstarter :/ I'd be interested in registering support but could not afford to go beyond a pre-order price in terms of investment. 250 Euros sounds like it could cut out a lot of the potential readership. How many such donations do they need?

Indeed -- this seems like a project perfect for KickStarter.

You would enable supports to pledged at various amounts allowing for both the "modest" and the more 'well heeled" to back the project at a level comfortable to their own financial means.

Using KickStarter does take a little more work/planning but the results can be quite surprising. A recent project, a Monopoly style game based upon H.P Lovecraft's Cthulu series, had a goal of $35,000 but ended up raising $122,000 from 1200 backers.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fork...antic-city

Something to consider, if not for this book, then perhaps for future projects.

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Essential Roman equipment for the reenactor Gaius Decius Aquilius 14 3,133 08-19-2011, 02:48 AM
Last Post: A_Volpe