Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Call for Sources: Extant Scale and Lamellar with Fabric/Hide Intact
(05-22-2019, 04:57 PM)Sean Manning Wrote: So the long list of catalogue entries might just tell us about 2 or 3 armours.

I would agree probably not very many actual pieces.

On another note found my images of the Ashmolean Scythian armour this came from a book that was online on the AM site, but since the site has been updated its gone, as far as I remember the book title was something like "Scythian Treasures in Oxford Ashmolean Museum" added link, I believe this is the one:

Included text, dimensions and original reference:

Also a neck protector from Dervini (Macedonian) this came from a greek book which included an extensive english summary called unsurprisingly "The Dervini Tombs" original title "ΟΙ ΤΑΦΟΙ ΤΟΥ ΔΕΡΒΕΝΙΟΥ" :

Gilded bronze on leather no dimensions that I can see:

Also another image here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dandiffend...uLA-PZJJwb
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867

Messages In This Thread
RE: Call for Sources: Extant Scale and Lamellar with Fabric/Hide Intact - by Crispianus - 08-15-2019, 07:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  scale/lamellar armour SAJID 7 2,546 05-19-2017, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Lamellar vs. Scale Armour Eleatic Guest 5 3,645 04-17-2015, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Dan Howard
  Intact Roman vexillum from Egypt DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS 36 10,184 03-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Titvs Statilivs Castvs