Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Names and signatures
Citizens, it has been asked before that all members please add their real names to their signatures... You don't have to remove your Roman name, just put your "muggle" name below it, such as:

a.k.a.: Joe Smith
...something nice and simple like this please! This is all we ask. Isn't it nice to actually know WHO your talking to, rather than some faceless moniker...

Remember, Citizenship has duties and responsibliltiies, as well as benefits. ;-) )

**One thing, we DO make exceptions to posting your "muggle" name _IF_ you have a valid reason, and by this, we mean job, security, or other reasons of personal safety... not "Ah don't want ma fishin' buddies ta know ah like Roman stuff..."

Anyway, Caesar asked me to post this and you don't really want to anger HIM... do you??
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
That better Marsh? I don't mind people knowing who the idiot really is :roll:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
For those wishing to keep their real names off of google's radar screen, may I suggest adding a space in the middle of your last name. This would allow fellow Romans to know to whom they correspond but might impede more automated engines of inquiry.
>|P. Dominus Antonius|<
Leg XX VV
Tony Dah m

Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
so why is my avatar pic so Big? it was tiny on photobucket!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:**One thing, we DO make exceptions to posting your "muggle" name _IF_ you have a valid reason, and by this, we mean job, security, or other reasons of personal safety... not "Ah don't want ma fishin' buddies ta know ah like Roman stuff..."

Is it possible that there are re-enactors in this world that are ashamed about their hobby? I'm just starting and I do it with pride (well, I do everything with pride, lol). But then, people know me for acting weird, so re-enactment just lays in the line of what can be expected from me, lol...

And my name is not uncommon in this part of the world, so googleing on my name can give puzzleing results :wink:
Iorus Sarcophagus Ludens
(Jo Vansteenkiste)

Viroviacum Romanum (Wervik - Belgium) [url:2hhvemuv]http://www.viroviacum.be[/url]
legionair of Legio XI CFP [url:2hhvemuv]http://www.legioxi.be[/url]

"Nunc est bibendum!"
Quote:Is it possible that there are re-enactors in this world that are ashamed about their hobby? I'm just starting and I do it with pride (well, I do everything with pride, lol). But then, people know me for acting weird, so re-enactment just lays in the line of what can be expected from me, lol...
Actually yes. Some businessses will look askance at their employees doing this kind of thing. It depends but people have lost jobs because of their hobbies. Also, sometimes you just don't want your "fake life" to interfere w/ your "real life." :roll:
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
Quote:so why is my avatar pic so Big? it was tiny on photobucket
That's easy. Because you're a lot more important to us than to photobucket! Now you know who your friends are.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Quote:
so why is my avatar pic so Big? it was tiny on photobucket

That's easy. Because you're a lot more important to us than to photobucket! Now you know who your friends are.

now i know the truth. :lol:
Anton O\'\'N eil

the one the only the crazy
I am now in compliance with mighty Caesar! Big Grin
Gaius Aurelius Bassus
(MKA: Winter Guite)
Needed to test my 'signature' is working ... this seems the place to waste the space ... Smile
Catus/Kathleen
"TOUCH~NOT~THE~CATT~BOUT~A~GLOVE"
[CLAN MOTTO]

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"
(I will either find a way or make one)
Hannibal Barca (c. 247-183 BC)