Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What If The Romans Had Aircraft?
Quote:the sheer destructive sillyness of the Bachem Ba349 Natte

Destructive Sillyness. I had to look up that aircraft, I had never heard of it before. That is a perfect description for that aircraft!

Yeah I do like them Hurricanes. I did typo with .202 instead of .303 for the guns. Thanks for the correction.

for the enemies...Hmmm, I think the [Gauls] could have been interested in the P-40 Warhawk/Kittyhawk and the early versions of the P-51 [Birdcage] Mustang; maybe even the Typhoon or Tempest. Lots of power, a beast to handle. Although going with the scheme, they probably would have had a variety of aircraft types and makes, notunlike as they did facing off with the Romans historically, One [Gaul] fights differently than another with different weapons/techniques. They probably would have done alot of modifcations and jerry-rigging to customize thier airframes.

thanks for playing along with my goofy topic!
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Just got to be the JU 87 Stuka..complete with sirens...& the Ju 52 transport.....nothing aesthetic,just workhorses!
Stuka, with sirens, Of Course!

...I wonder if you can hang your danglium from the belly of an aircraft?
(or, say, some tin cans on strings from the tailplane notunlike a wedding car? hehehehehehe)
Andy Volpe
The Stuka is all well and good but given the Roman love of effective and armoured I would think there was only one realistic choice the il2 stumovik, armoured to the hilt and with a massive strike power!
Tasciavanous
AKA James McKeand
Heeheh! Yeah that sounds about right, too!

actually Soviet/Russian aircraft would probably have been favored by Romans - Such a variety of unique designs and specialized features, and of course, many cheap to produce...I could easily see Romans with a few bazillion MiG-15, MiG-17 or MiG-21's to start off with...

hehehe
Andy Volpe
Why didn't I see it earlier..Mil-24 Hind!!
Steve

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Experimental & Planned aircraft of Germany King Louise Assurbanipal 0 825 07-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Last Post: King Louise Assurbanipal
  Aircraft illustration JP Vieira 10 2,455 08-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Last Post: JP Vieira