Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a new "historically correct movie" of Ridley Scott
[size=150:2do81vrz]B[/size]ugger these things... I wanna see a good rework of A Bridge Too Far w/ Jasper as the Dutch Doctor, Caius Fabius as Monty, Matt L. as Frost, Jim Bowers as Roy Urquart... ME, well, I'll be one of the good guys, vs one of the allies ;-Þ Hey, Dan Peterson can be the Sgt who forces the doctor to do surgery on his Captain at gun point. ;-Þ Rusty can be the American Major, Julian somebody w/ his guys rowing across the river!

All of this would be better than Alexander or Troy!!! And more fun!
Marsh, with whom ya know where HIS priorities lie!
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
Quote:But concerning the movie itself: did you see it and what did you make of it?

I haven't seen it yet. Leaving the 'history' aside, a lot of the reviews are saying it drags, the dialogue is crap and Elf Boy isn't exactly Russ Crowe.

I'm beginning to think I might leave this one till it comes out on DVD. I'll go see Downfall this weekend instead.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ridley Scott to film "The Forever War." john m roberts 9 1,799 11-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Servio Caro (Javier Sánc
  Historically correct legion table legs richsc 3 1,195 02-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Last Post: NightHunter24