Oderint dum metuant - Cicero
Si vis pacem, para bellum - Vegetius
Quote:Better?
[size=150:30rl1kqu]C[/size]lassic!!!!!
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
Quote:Ya know, if you added scales to the red one, he could be Dan P.

Dan Poo!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Yeah those pics are getting a little too creepy...Cut it out! Tongue

I'm an ancient 26 to answer Vortigen. Actually I didn't even get to see the original Star Wars, as I was too young and had no clue. SW3 was the first time I saw a Star Wars on Opening Nite. I did see Ep. 1 and 2 about a day or two after opening, so this was my first and only chance to see something like Star Wars at an opening.

Also keep in mind I don't have the ability to figure out hidden agendas and secret plots and hidden stuff the first few times I watch a movie, sometimes I just don't pick up on it. Many of my SW Geek fans have seen the original movies over a dozen times, if not many more, in the theaters and then on VHS/DVD, something I've never really done, so just be happy that I'm getting on the bandwagon now and enjoying the Geekiness of watching and analyzing the movies, cut me some slack! :lol:

As for "secret racial comparisons" I actually percieved the Trade Federation dudes as more French than Asian, Wado I percieved more as an Arabic person, and Jar Jar was just an annoying doofus with a lame Jamaican accent. Don't even mention the Gungan King with the plubububububububub crap he was doing. I found him just as annoying, if not more, than Jar Jar....But I never really dwell on what those characters/species are "supposed" to "represent" or reflect...Taking away from the movie.

Also, all this crap about how the storyline is a reflection of the Bush administration is really a load of poo (people need to stop taking Space Operas too seriously), but in a way it does make sense...Lucas wrote the script/storylines during the Nixon/Vietnam War era, and, many of the incompetent arrogant Goons that started messing things up back then, like Don "Hack and Slash" Rumsfield and Dick "Hide and Seek" Cheney started thier 'illustrious' careers during the 60's and 70's, and 30 years later, notunlike Emperor Palpatine, are STILL around mucking everything up for thier own political gains! AAAGH! :roll:

Oh, but ANYWAYS...

As for the Teletubbies...How about making them Gaulish looking, with some white-limestone-dragon ball Z-spiked hair and some woad?
:twisted:
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Quote:As for the Teletubbies...How about making them Gaulish looking, with some white-limestone-dragon ball Z-spiked hair and some woad?
No. I draw a line somewhere. It's bad enough as is :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Eh, that's OK, maybe I *Don't* want to see that....

*shudder*

Confusedhock:
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
TARBICVS MAGISTER PHOTOSHOPICI

Just excellent!!! :o
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Cheers m8. Just wish my historical knowledge was a bit better Smile
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Ave Magnus:

I saw it for the first time last week, and I was very impressed. When compared to the other five films, it is firmly in the #2 spot. I'd have given it the #1 position, but nothing could ever equal or surpass the quality of Star Wars.
I always knew Darth Vader was a rotten bastard, but when he killed those Jedi younglings in the temple, I wished I could have fed him feet-first into a garbage masher....very slowly.

Vale:

Gaius Octavius Drusus
Michael Garrity
Quote:but when he killed those Jedi younglings in the temple,

Having not seen it yet, it's a good job a few other people have told me that little spoiler already :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nasssttty bullfighting clip - the bull\'s revenge! ParthianBow 0 646 05-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow