Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elven helm
Yes, and also from before the digital revolution, what do you think of the opening massacre of 'Conan the Barbarian'? 8)

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
It is also impressive the 1st battle at the fellowship of the ring, preceeded by some words in elfish...

Comerus: I'm conformed with the rest 3 girls on the right... no problem! :wink:
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Quote: have the 3 extended edition, and I think that Theoden armor is made accurate in Brass & leather, they show & explaind how they made everithing...

I saw Theodens armor at the LOTR exhibition that was at the Science museum in London a while back and it is a work of art the inside of it is covered with little stamped designs of horses and riders, I don't think that the lining ever gets any screen time it was just done so the actor could feel more connected with his armor and character!
An on the subject of stirring speeches I think that Aragons speech at the battle before the black gate is a great one but then again I'm a Gondorian/Numenorian fan.
Tasciavanous
AKA James McKeand
Quote:Interesting! Exactly the same do I - this is my absolute favorite scene of the film - and it has many good scenes. For me the whole goose skin situation starts when the camera swivels to the light hill where the silhoutte of the Rohan riders appears against the morning sun and the film music plays the Rohan theme. Absolutely phantastic. And I like the scene with Theoden hitting the spear tips even more than the actual battle scene following.
Indeed! This is one of the scenes where I forgive them for completely altering the storyline at times! :twisted:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
grrrrrrh
Quick Time does 'not understand' the Riders of Rohan...Quick Time Movie
goes to look for updates...muttering like Gollum to Smeagol....did I update this, yeeeeees I did, where has it goooone to then :?:
It IS the latest update....... :?: :?: :?:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Comerus: Are you having a Makedonian equipment?
Ivan Perelló
Good luck! Can't wait to see any pic of it!
Ivan Perelló
Look what i've found [url:3mjhtkve]http://www.mwart.com/xq/ASP/pid.1662/qx/product.htm[/url]
[Image: bek099.gif]
Can't afford one.... Cry
Yule present...pleeeese?
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
And for the Rohirriam fans try[url:1cfk3adc]http://www.mwart.com/xq/ASP/pid.1388/qx/product.htm[/url]
Perhaps I should ask for Narsil this midwinter?
Tasciavanous
AKA James McKeand
Comerus - NICE!

Yeah i have to say the Riders with the Celtic-like influence was a *perfect* fit.

But nothing says bada$$ like the Sauron armor...Hooo doggedty!
I also like the Mouth of Sauron armor (well I'm intrigued by the character in the books, too), although this version seemed way too close to "Alien" than LOTR. Still intriguing.
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)
Does anybody have a pic of the mouth of Sauron?
Ivan Perelló
Quote:Does anybody have a pic of the mouth of Sauron?

check this link: [url:337g78r5]http://www.comicstatues.com/cgi-bin/image/templates/LOTRB_4L.jpg[/url]
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Ah yes the Mouth of Sauron A black Numenorian and therefore bad bad bad and wrong.
PS on the Return of the King extras they say that initially P. Jackson wanted to digitally turn the actors mouth 90degrees giving the "mouth" a vertical mouth. now please don't tell me that's not wrong Big Grin
Tasciavanous
AKA James McKeand
Hi Comerus
Quote:Hey! it's that Guy the funny talker who went to speak with Aragorn at the Gate in the last Battle, then Aragorn Killed him?...It's only appear in extended Ediction...I can't remember I lent the movie to my brothers...
That's right a cool and groovy extra scene if ever there was one.

Quote:I'm so confuse, So the Eye, That Knight beast, & the first appeared of Sauron at the Battle is the Same one?...
Sauron and the Eye are one and the same, the eye is the physical representation of Sauron after Isildur "kills" or perhaps more accurately temporarily inconveniently dis-corporialises Sauron. The Knight beast is that the mouth of Sauron? if so he is a Numenorian (the supermen ancestors of Gondor) that went evil and now serves Sauron as a herald.

Does that help?
Tasciavanous
AKA James McKeand
right, what he said.

I was dissapointed with the "deleted" scene in the movie with the Mouth of Sauron. I was really really hoping to have the real scene from the book, which I think had one of the best moments in the entire story. Sauron was *so* close to actually convincing the Gondorians they were all screwed...But then Gandalf ripped him a new one. Kickin!

Although for the movie I did like the way the developed the Mouth. The movie scene with Aragorn was good, but just not what I was expecting...Then again "Fellowship" and "Two Towers" were hacked up by Jackson as well.

By the way, the actor who played the Mouth was also the guy in "Mad Max" who was the Gyrocopter pilot.

Vertical mouth? eeeeeh....that's way too Sci-Fi...And doesn't fit Sauron to me. He's manipulative and demonic evil...Not some twisted, genetic/physically-alerting wacko...Well...No..?...I guess with the Orcs...(have to crack out the Simarillion) Ok, so perhaps he's a bit more twisted and demented than I'd like to think...But not a vertical mouth...That's going too far to me.
He kept the Mouth "alive" for centuries, so yes, he was distorted and damaged and nasty, but he wasn't "reearanged" to be any worse than he'd become. I see the Mouth more of a puppet and a potential "incarnation" of Sauron more than an individual person, at that point in the Mouth's life...If that can be called "life".
blah blah blah
Andy Volpe
"Build a time machine, it would make this [hobby] a lot easier."
https://www.facebook.com/LegionIIICyr/
Legion III Cyrenaica ~ New England U.S.
Higgins Armory Museum 1931-2013 (worked there 2001-2013)
(Collection moved to Worcester Art Museum)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LoTR, Elven Falx? Anonymous 2 1,581 05-18-2004, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Anonymous