Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WIN a Greek Aspis!
Quote:Manning Imperial have agreed to supply bronze weights for the Long Jump Competition and to donate them as the prize for the winner!

I wonder how much shipping will cost! Confusedhock:

-Gregory-
Gregory J. Liebau
The Bronze Age Center
Khairete,
Quote:Arthes, yes, we should oil our bodies before sport and yes, you can help us with that...
i'd somehow missed this post....... that will leave me with nice soft hands........and a rather interesting job :lol:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
so you will also be running naked?
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Quote:so you will also be running naked?

Personally, I'd have no problem with that, but the School Authorities might!
Agree! As I said in previous posts I am in as long as we do nor mess with local laws and minor audiences.
KInd regards
Stefanos
Next question,
what happens when a little devil....I mean 'minor' decides to peek under your chiton....I hope you will be suitably clad in Calvin Klein boxer shorts....! hehe
'Daddy, why are all those men wearing mini skirts'
'Mummy, are they wearing knickers....' :oops: :oops:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
It's a fair question, Cristina, I hear that some people have objected to Roman re-enactors going without underwear, and being much too ready to demonstrate the fact in front of minors! So, underwear is de rigueur. My wife has made me three loincloths, one of linen and two of silk. Boxers probably won't work with a chiton and I'm against Calvin Klein on the principle that, having paid for the damn' things, one shouldn't also be obliged to act like a sandwich-board man for the company!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  greek aspis jabames 33 6,572 06-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Giannis K. Hoplite
  Greek Aspis patterns/devices Julius Verax 3 1,649 04-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Last Post: hoplite14gr