Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems staying logged in
I've found a way to get around the problem with the inaccessibility of the New Posts Since Last Visit feature - I don't log in; I click on Profile and then whooshh - I am logged in and the feature works for me. It makes no sense why it works that way, but well .... Big Grin
[Image: Atrectus.jpg]
centurio pilus prior cohortis Primus Tungriorum peditata
AKA Gabriele Campbell
Quote:But when I re-staerted IE again, my login had not lapsed.
Vorti, it's actually my choice to lose cookies when I close a window, but I don't use IE (which I despise), I use Mozilla Firefox. You should try it as you can middle-click on links and they are added as tabs in the same window.

Middle-click "Reenactment & Reconstruction", then the others, and you have all the subjects browsable through tabs in one window. Very useful and keeps your screen uncluttered. You can also import all your IE bookmarks when you install it.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Firefox? Heard about it but never used it. Does it clash with Internet Exploder?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:Does it clash with Internet Exploder?
Nope, not at all, you can have both running at the same time. It's essentially Netscape with bells and whistles. Here's a link: [url:398ardeq]http://www.mozilla.org/[/url] and it's free, and it was PC World's product of the year 2005 [url:398ardeq]http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,120763,findid,48080,00.asp[/url]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Thanks!
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:What browser do you use?

SBC Yahoo! Browser

I also have IE but I don't use it to browse.
Jaime
Like Tarbicus, I'd suggest giving Firefox a try ( www.mozilla.org ).
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine