Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Roman Head from Mexico
Ralph, is this the thread about planes you were looking for?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Quote:The Roman soldier then probably wrote his memoirs at Maiden castle. It is now suggested that his crocodile, mistaking the pile of papyrus for a small child ate it for lunch. The poor creature then expired being unable to digest a bad vowel conjugation. The beloved creature was then interred. During excavation I suspect a Dr. I. Jones, who was known to be active in the 1930s, probably made off the manuscripts which were found in the crocodile's belly.

Good grief! It's all starting to make sense now ... Confusedhock:
Quote: Tecazic-Calixtlahuaca
Quote: Tecaxic-Calixtalahuacians
Well, Ralph, make up your mind, which one is it? Big Grin

Quote:This is the same Dr. Jones of whom I wrote a previous post on, who found the Roman planes in a hanger in Egypt. (I recall Vortigen and other regulars contributing to that thread.) I note the suspicious disappearance of that thread from the RAT archive. Is there, I ask, a possibility of a larger conspiracy to keep The Truth of the mystic past from the people?
I remember that one too (hides in shame) but I can't find it again... :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Actually Robert, I think the "x" and "z' are interchangeable in Nahuatl. But it was a typo anyway. Tecaxic-Calixtlahuaca. Or something like that. Either way I can't pronounce it, so why should I be able to spell it? Also, I misspelled Vortigern. Sorry about that.

That you cannot find the thread is no surprise. I believe there is a secret brotherhood dedicated to maintaining the status quo on ancient knowledge. It is whispered the name is the Order Of Order (OOO). Uh-huh...

Gaius
Quote:(OOO)
Big Grin shock: :roll:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Ah Ha! I see you know the Order's secret facial gesture recognition code! ... as I suspected....

Gaius
Roman Planes....you mean Aztec and Egyptian planes and Romanian Rockets...surely....?
http://www.2atoms.com/weird/ancient/plane.htm
http://www.furthermore.org.uk/static/ph ... fromav.htm
http://www.baghdadmuseum.org/ref/index. ... emienowicz
By the way, the guy who flew the first model plane was Greek, not Roman by the name of Archytas,..... :wink:
Would you have to sail across the Bermuda Triange to arrive at what is it called....where the head was found- Calixtlahuaca? :wink:
regards
Arthes
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
[url:n2diviuq]http://www.hoplites.org[/url]
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Acording to the Legend the first aviators were Greeks Dedalus and Ikarus.
Also the first airplane reconansnace mission and first close combat air support mission were done by Greeks.
1st Balcan War 1912 2nd leutanant Dimitrios Kamberos spoted turkish targets for the Greek artillery and he bombarded the Turkish trenches in Elasona using hand grenades :!: in support of the Evzoni Attack.
Thanks for the links.
Kind regards
Stefanos
Quote:Roman Planes....you mean Aztec and Egyptian planes and Romanian Rockets...surely....?
No, Róman planes. It was me, mistaking a question about woodworking with the aviation stuff! Big Grin oops: Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Quote:Quite right, I mean it is fascinating when say, a small 'so called satue of Buddha' turns up in a Viking context in Birka, Sweden,

Why so impossible?The Vikings managed to get to Constantinople(Miklagaard i think they called it).Its not beyond possibilities that an itinerant Silk trader from China or Buddist area took one with him and it found its way into the posession of Halfdan the Halfwit and he returned home with it as a present for the wife?Is it?
Timeo Danaos et Dona ferentes

Andy.(Titus Scapula Clavicularis)
Quote:
Arthes:3glcd38d Wrote:Roman Planes....you mean Aztec and Egyptian planes and Romanian Rockets...surely....?
No, Róman planes. It was me, mistaking a question about woodworking with the aviation stuff! Big Grin oops: Cry
:lol: :lol:
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
The enemy is less likely to get wind of an advance of cavalry, if the orders for march were passed from mouth to mouth rather than announced by voice of herald, or public notice. Xenophon
-
Quote:Acording to the Legend the first aviators were Greeks Dedalus and Ikarus.
http://thanasis.com/icarus.htm

However I found this about Archytas....
Archytas and the pigeon
...but sound authority holds that Archytas of Tarentum experimented with kites and toy flying machines, including a wooden dove that flew by "the secret blowing of air enclosed inside," perhaps a primitive compressed-air mechanism. The pigeon in one of the experiments was able to fly 200 meters! Archytas of Tarentum was a Greek mathematician, political leader and philosopher, active in the first half of the fourth century BC (i.e., during Plato's lifetime).

[i]The only mechanical device that can with some probability be assigned to Archytas, apart from the children's toy known as a “clapperâ€ÂÂ
Cristina
The Hoplite Association
-
Quote:
Vortigern Studies:2x7cowfr Wrote:
Arthes:2x7cowfr Wrote:Roman Planes....you mean Aztec and Egyptian planes and Romanian Rockets...surely....?
:lol: :lol:

Ah yes... If memory serves, in opposition to the idea that there were hand gliders at Dura Eropos, I proposed they were actually buzz bombs. Everybody knows that there was no proper air-cover at that time in the East. The aircraft trireme, "Tiberius", had a catapult malfunction and could not launch... and it went on...

However I must add... It was the discovery of the Maiden Castle manuscripts in the crocodile's belly by Dr. Jones that led him to South America in 1936. He then went to Egypt. A German archaeological team was focused on the excavation of a religious artifact. Less known, part of the team did discover the Roman aircraft hanger attributed to the III Ala Aero Thracia, and the planes inside. These were left because of mechanical problems when the Ala was transferred to join Trajan's Parthia effort. The Ala expected to return, but did not. It was sent by Hadrian to a new base near Zeugma.

Gaius Decius Aquilius
(Ralph Izard)