Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High crests
Quote:
hoplite14gr:3sfymqn4 Wrote:High crest example:

Wonderfull! :o

Sadly I can't do one on time! Cry

Why not? If I can complete Phil's shield in the next two months, I would have thought a man of your calibre could make a bloomin' crest, for gawd's sake!

Paul the Encouraging
Quote:OK! let see what I can do, sheet plate is quite cheap.

BTW: how your guys paint their Kranoi (helmet)? like in black, as potery vase shows in scales & checkers?

I meant what kind of pain they use & with what they apply it? air-broch or ?

I will like to know how muchcost the one corinthian helm, the one you post in the festival next to me? it look the righ size, when you put it as Pericles, the tip of the cheeks ends in your forehead, that is the way to go.

Well, that's the spirit, soldier!

We don't paint our kranoi. Ask Athanasios what he used.

Kranoi like that go for around £100 - $175. It may still be possible to get them cheaper, if you shop around.
I was curious after viewing the excelent armor and genuine style of the Spanish Hoplites from Zaragoza if they have a website or if there are any other great photos of them? Please let me know. Many thanks Sincerely Konstantine
http://www.lusitanis.org

Regards
Eduardo says he hasn't got a Website, yet. he sent me some great pictures, but I don't know how to post them.
Quote:Thanks Paul, Anastasios told me their simple method, glossy black spray.
its Funny!, that pass through my brain when I recall bisycle people painted it with nice glossy coloured spray!

Gioi

About 12 years ago, way before any repro stuff was on the market , I got a Corinthian that was cast, and a bit too heavy and large to wear. I darkened the lower cheek pieces, brow and back with bronze blue. I did this in several coats and did not wipe the residue off like the instructions say to do. When it dries it leaves a blackish matt finish. I will impose on Hplite 14gr to post a pic I just took of three helmets, an Albion Corinthian, the older one with the bronze blue, and a Tracian. If Stefanos will be so kind.

Lykaon (new greek name, suggested by Stefanos)
Ralph Izard.
your wish my command....
I look forward to the pictures, Lykaon! (Good name!)
Paul sent me your pics in my mail and Iwill do it.
Regards
Damn! That was fast!

Ralph
Quote:your wish my command....

Very nice! What a pity you can't come and wear them at Watford! Cry
But perhaps when we hold a festival in Greece?
Quote:Eduardo says he hasn't got a Website, yet. he sent me some great pictures, but I don't know how to post them.

Paul, I'd suggest you host them at Photobucket. Smile
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Photobucket doesn't seem to be able to cope with the biggest picture - and I can't work out how to use it! It tells me to copy a code, which I can't find anywhere.
Quote:Photobucket doesn't seem to be able to cope with the biggest picture - and I can't work out how to use it! It tells me to copy a code, which I can't find anywhere.

If you ever get some spare time I can help you, in Thermopylae maybe.
You may need to resize ( Smile ) pictures sizes of which are larger than 500 kb.
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Susanne, yes, I think so.

Stefanos, I can't e-mail the biggets one and some of the smaller images are failing to load, too.