Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50,000!
The view from Olympus is great... but I'm still slaving in the silver mines! :lol:

Real Life has taken the front seat from me -- carjacked is more like it -- as I have had to shift focus from our virtual RAT family in favor of my local family of troops and their loved ones, whose care is my charge and first duty as an Army commander.

In my forced absence, Jasper (and Christy, she must not be omitted) have done brilliantly at expanding our community and its features. Without them, we'd probably still be paying usurious fees on Ezboard. They have talent and know-how far beyond my own, and what they have done definitely surpasses my original humble efforts -- so rather than hold back progress, I've asked them to webmaster these sites. Teams accomplish so much more than individuals -- and it was for this cooperative purpose that I envisioned RomanArmyTalk and RA.com in the first place.

I continue to be astounded and gratified by the growth of RAT v.2 and RA.com. The wizardry of our technical staff have kept pace with the high-quality contributions of our posters.

Personally I have no improvements to wish for, other than cloning Jasper -- whose loyalty and enthusiasm I could never overrate -- and expanding the time I can spare from real-life duties. I hope that my next assignment in 2007, which may bring me back to Europe for 3 more years, will permit me to spend more time with you here, building our community and welcoming newcomers.

At any rate, hello to all -- and cheers for your commitment and loyalty to a concept I originally feared might only appeal to myself and about 5 other people! It's quite remarkable, what sharp people in a dedicated group can achieve... the credit is absolutely yours.
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Quote:But don't stop too long, or you will be in 8th! Oh the agony of it all!
Oh the burden of living under the yoke of numerology!
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:kept pace with the high-quality contributions of our posters.
No fears! I'm always here to lower the tone.
Quote:I originally feared might only appeal to myself and about 5 other people!
There are only 5 of us. We sign in under different names to make it look busy.
Quote:It's quite remarkable, what sharp people in a dedicated group can achieve
I've covered that. It's amazing what 4 sharp people can achieve.

Thanks for setting up RAT, Jenny. Good luck wherever you are.

[i](Silver mines? A bit harsh isn't it? I thought all she did was say tunics had a paisley pattern and were made of canvas...)[/i]
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:There are only 5 of us. We sign in under different names to make it look busy.
At least there's a valid reason. I was afraid we were schizophrenic.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
JRS
Quote:kept pace with the high-quality contributions of our posters.

Tarbicus
Quote: No fears! I'm always here to lower the tone.

Hey! Don't hog all the glory...there are others here who can drag quality into the gutter...

Big Grin
And last night we passed 70,000!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
[size=200:3fkfalvr]Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!![/size]
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
20,000 posts in 3 months? - that's about 220 posts/ day! Confusedhock:
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
And now 75,000! 25,000 new posts since March 1st comes down to ~143:!::!: new posts per day on average. That's awe-inspiring. Now I wonder, is there anyone who's read them all?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I admit, sometimes I do not read all of the off topic stuff. :roll:
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Quote:Now I wonder, is there anyone who's read them all?
Read them all..? If so, that person must either [size=75:oiwutm5b](1)[/size] be a "speed reader" of the first caliber, or [size=75:oiwutm5b](2)[/size] require far less sleep than the average legionary.
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Quote:And now 75,000! 25,000 new posts since March 1st comes down to ~143:!::!: new posts per day on average. That's awe-inspiring. Now I wonder, is there anyone who's read them all?

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

But....I assure you that I haven't read all the posts... jejejejejeje!! Tongue
Carme
[url:utwukq64]http://www.primagermanica.com[/url]
[Image: vexilium.jpg]
Just because I read them, does not mean I commit them to memory.
We had something called SRA when I was a kid, everyone in my school was taught speed reading and graded on speed and comprehension. Unfortunately this excellent program was not continued, in most places in the present time.
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Quote:And now 75,000! 25,000 new posts since March 1st comes down to ~143:!::!: new posts per day on average. That's awe-inspiring. Now I wonder, is there anyone who's read them all?

Wow 75,000 and growing congratulations and much success...
Gaius Germanicus / aka A. Ingoglia