Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ye New Moderator type...
Salve!<br>
<br>
Guess I needed to pop up my ugly head and say hello to this nifty group of bandits I have agreed to moderate...(I gotta be nuts...) Y'all know the rules (poor US southern accent), so keep by em and I'll be a nice guy...otherwise I'll get out my centurion attitude...E EM<br>
<br>
enjoy... <p>Marcus Bruttius Romulus<BR>
Optio<BR>
Legio III Augusta</p><i></i>
Your centurion attitude? Hmmm, have you noticed that the most vocal types here have been promoted to much higher ranks? <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I'm not vocal...much...remember the Tiger tank in another thread???E EM<br>
<br>
I just carry a BIG vitis! <p>Marcus Bruttius Romulus<BR>
Optio<BR>
What about that Tiger? Do you have a silly accent?<br>
And as long as people don't call you 'gimme another', you're doing well as moderator. <p>Greets<BR>
<BR>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
LOL...Just recognized that reference, Jasper...From The Annals by Tacitus...<br>
<br>
Yes, that would be a very bad thing... <p>Marcus Bruttius Romulus<BR>
Optio<BR>
And here I thought being vocal was punishable by a good whacking! <p>"Remember, pillage first....then burn."</p><i></i>
surely your not from the southern US since you wrote the contraction correctly. Here most people write it as Ya'll which makes absolutely no sense. Oh well<br>
<br>
Naso <p></p><i></i>
E EM ...<br>
<br>
Actually I'm sitting right here in Jacksonville, FL... <p>Marcus Bruttius Romulus<BR>
Optio<BR>
Oh well, the correct grammar threw me off. Though I suppose people would say the same about me since I do the same thing and I've lived in the southeastern US my entire life. You know though Florida isn't considered southern any more but you are further north so I suppose you might be an exception<br>
<br>
Naso <p></p><i></i>
"Y'all" or "you'all" is the proper second person plural of the pronoun. If you do much latin translation, this becomes very helpful.<br>
<br>
"You'uns" is the less correct plural, and "you" used as a plural is for people who get confused with numbers greater than one.<br>
<p>"Just before class started, I looked in the big book where all the world's history is written, and it said...." Neil J. Hackett, PhD ancient history, professor OSU, 1987</p><i></i>
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]