Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centurions armor
Quote:Is there perhaps some other ancient rome forum I could pack up my troubles and go to?

Well this is the best I have found on Roman stuff.

There are others that deal with other eras or issues. If you are into weapons and armour for example you have www.myarmoury.com or www.sweordforum.com and if you wanna know alot of fighting manuals and stuff you look into ARMA, AEMMA, HEMAC or other organisations dealing with that.
Quote:ok listen, if you could actually hear me ask the questions, and my voice, and see my bodylanguage I wouldnt be an insult to you, and I really am not a mean person
I have to type as fast as possible
I dont know if my language is an insult to you, because I am not a reenactor
I will take your advice, I will try to be different
I just have to finish this quest
Ill be travelling the world looking for answers, I just thought this site is a great start at home.

and no offense really no offense, I am trying to do as much research as I can about the romans greeks, and the medieval era. I always read. And look up all kinds of sites
but to here an actual PERSONS opinion first hand is an exciting experience for me

Martin thank you so much, for keping my spirits up

Is there perhaps some other ancient rome forum I could pack up my troubles and go to?

Francis, I don't think anyone believes you're doing anything on purpose but that the perceived insults to reenactors is only a small portion of the problem- it's mainly the stuff I mentioned first about broad, multiple and seemingly unresearched questions and appearing to not read or consider answers that people took the time to write. And just going somewhere else won't make a difference- people anywhere are going to have the same problems with your posts. You only need adjust a few things and it will be much better- don't expect so much at once, show that you are looking for answers yourself and not just expecting others to tell you everything, and accept that there are no absolutes.

I recommend that you NOT write fast and expect stuff so quickly- that's where trouble begins and is a definite problem with media such as this where you can only write things- no one can see your body language or hear your inflections so it's extra-important to write carefully so as not to be misunderstood.

I'm glad you're going to try to take some advice and hopefully adjust things enough that you can get as much out of this place as you can Big Grin
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Quote:what armor, or clothes did an ACTUAL ROMAN (not reenactors) centurion wear?

A quick search of the Roman Army Talk forum turned up this thread. (Click on the "this thread" hyperlink.)

If you scroll down, there's a good discussion of your question.
posted by Duncan B Campbell
https://ninth-legion.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Centurions armor between I and II century AD: evidences CaesarAugustus 6 1,562 11-17-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: CaesarAugustus