Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Name our ferret
Quote:The males can be castrated

Iovi Optimo Maximo Jef!- we use the word 'neutered' so as not to make those of us with a Y-chromosome cringe at the 'c' word :lol:
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Intostufius? cause he will be!!!! (in to stuff-ius)
-Jason

(GNAEVS PETRONIVS CANINVS, LEGIIAPF)

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
Quote:
Marcus Mummius:30rweu8h Wrote:The males can be castrated

Iovi Optimo Maximo Jef!- we use the word 'neutered' so as not to make those of us with a Y-chromosome cringe at the 'c' word :lol:

lol you are right, neutered sounds a lot less painful! Deceptive language that is! I will have no part in that Tongue

Cheers,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Well,How 'bout "Coolus"???
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Quote:Well,How 'bout "Coolus"???

If I didn't know that was actually a helmet type, I'd have thought it a 'silly' Latin word like the 'silly' name Naughtius Maximus... Coolus Maximus?

Actually Max would work- it has a good sharp sound, which I understand is good for an animal's name as they catch it better, and is short for Maximus if you want to keep to the Roman thing.
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Quote:Ave Jasper,

perhaps 'Ferox' ? - a ferret ferox is similar to a wild weasle
- but if you call out that name at an event, also the members of some Germanic or Gallic auxilary units might appear... :wink:

All the easier to conquer them when they just come running- like fish jumping into the boat Big Grin
Ferrets are more like fish jumping out of the boat... When picking one, the petstore owner had quite some trouble making sure only one (out of 7 or 8 spring loaded ferrets) came out of the cage.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
I want a ferret now.

Legion: TBD
Yeah, they sure sound cool and the one guy I knew who had a pair thought the world of them. I've heard they're the wiggliest creatures on the face of the earth next to fish...
I think "Ferox the Ferret" has my vote, Jas.

But if you follow Jeroen's suggestion, you're a dead man! Wink
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
It's going to be a male, Jenny....
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
:wink: I know... lol.

Perhaps you should name him Scorpio? :twisted:

Or Pépé le Pieu, if you decide not to make him a eunuch...
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Quote:It's going to be a male, Jenny....

Ave Jasper,

isn’t the declension of ‚ferox’:

M:
ferox
ferocis
feroci
ferocem
feroci

F:
ferox
ferocis
feroci
ferocem
feroci

N:
ferox
ferocis
feroci
ferox
feroci

So should be ‚ferox’ for male, female and ‚ just don’t know’ - very useful to avoid some after-buy surprise :wink:
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
I know Heiko, I was actually reacting to Jenny's remark vs. Jeroen's suggestion. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Ave Jasper,

Idea now I understand and totally agree with you.
I noticed only 'Romulus' and 'Remus' and not his third suggestion :lol:
Greetings from germania incognita

Heiko (Cornelius Quintus)

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?