Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone remember the italian "Odysseus" series
Khairete!

I remember that I looked horrified Confusedhock: , under the blanket, the Polyfemos of the italian Odysseus/Ulysses series in the early seventies. I still can remember the music, the barbed-wire sounding electric guitars of the soundtrack. Odysseus wife was played superbly by Irene Papas, that much I can remember. Does anyone else remember this tv series?

I remember also a series called "Aeneiis" which followed that, maybe by the same makers? I remember those strange triangular (Villanovan?) daggers still... Am I dreaming or does anyone else remember those series?
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:Does anyone else remember this tv series?
Oooooh yes... My parents did not let me watch it, but then i sometimes found way to come downstairs.. They never stopped watching, I guess it must've been an exiting tv show.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
YEESS
http://www.internetbookshop.it/dvd/ser/ ... 3147480057

It was, it IS, excellent. The rough costumes and armor was/is cool. The acting was very good. The greek actor Bekim Fehmiu for Odysseus was fantastic! Everyone was. Even Argo! The final killing scene was/is absolutely perfect, essential and brutal. WOW. I always thought the italian TV should show it again, instead they already showed at least twice the horrible U.S. 1997 version with Armand Assante.
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
Yes, that`s it!

I remember too Odysseus shooting through the axe eyes the "wanna be" husbands of Penelope! It would be nice to see it again! That later production with Armand Assante, well, uh, it`s better not to say anything...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
I also remember Franco Rossi's Aeneis series, it was quite good. It was recently repeated (in 2005) on the German cable channel 3sat, so it must be around somewhere. I hope they will release it on DVD sometime.
Here is a link to some info incl. actors etc.:
[url:1j32qzpe]http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~history1/cdcollh.htm#fraen14[/url]
Aka
Christoph
I have all the TV series (not the movie) on DVD, yeah! Never annoyed to see it! When I was a kid, it neared me to the ancient world, because despite of the fantasy costumes, weapons, and electric sounds the spirit was totally in the ancient-traditional (arcaic) way, and I guess that Homer (if he's ever existed as a man) would have liked it...

Valete
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Ciao
passo ogni settimana per Roma (insegno a Cassino). Sono sempre di corsa ma magari ci mettiamo d'accordo per incontrarci. Ce ne dici?

bye
Goffredo
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."
Certo! Mandami un mail ( [email protected] ) che ti do il numero di cellulare. Non so se riesco a risponderti subito perchè ho tali casini con la mia connessione Tiscali - 4 mega flat ADSL + Voce che non ti dico, anzi, te lo dico perchè è da delirio ed è bene che si sappia: funziona, quando gli pare, e quando funziona lo fa tre minuti sì e tre no... :x x Sono inc*****to nero e rescinderò il contratto!

Sorry for the Italian text, guys Big Grin

Vale,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

Just to explain, the angry emoticons are not related to Goffredo's post but only to a comment of mine about my bad working ADSL connection... Big Grin

Valete
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

I'm real glad, because the last time we had two Italians here on RAT battling it out in Italian, it did not end happy.. :?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interactive map of Odysseus\' travels Epictetus 5 1,429 12-21-2013, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Epictetus
  Travel Agency "Odysseus" Jona Lendering 34 8,295 03-26-2011, 04:10 AM
Last Post: Jona Lendering