Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
red, white, who cares? What do the women like?
Nevermind Italy, how about a nice, attractive, Canuck in a red tunic and 2nd century gear? And you don't have to take a trans-atlantic flight to get to Canada...not bad eh? M <p><br>
Magnus/Matt<br>
Optio<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix" </p><i></i>
"There's a fair haired nymph somewhere else in the pictures.. "<br>
<br>
You mean this one Antoninus? [link] http://www.romanhideout.com/Legiov/Imag ... galli1.jpg [/link]<br>
<br>
CRobert <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=richsc@romanarmytalk>RichSC</A> at: 12/24/02 9:16:10 pm<br></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Of course, as Christy points out tunic color might not have anything to do with it; my fear is that being Italian might... <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
You guys are funny. I don't really care about nationality. Good looking guys are good looking guys. But a nice lorica is really great for bonus points. <p>-Christy
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=satsobek>satsobek</A> at: 12/24/02 7:06:04 pm<br></i>
-Christy Beall
Rich, sometimes you really crack me up. And Robert, if that's your definition of a nymph...ummmm..... <br>
<br>
So a segmentata is a bonus eh Christy? What about tunics...do you prefer regimental or a nice set of thonged roman undies? <p><br>
Magnus/Matt<br>
Optio<br>
hah. Let's not even go there. E EM As for lorcia, I prefer to leave it more general... hamata...squamata... it's all good with me. <p>-Christy
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
-Christy Beall
Actually, doesn't Hibernicus have a pair of thonged undies, a la Roman style? Wait, let's not go there either...E EM <p><br>
Magnus/Matt<br>
Optio<br>
Just trying to *ahem* skirt the issue,<br>
<br>
I think that any garment that is remotely floss-like has, much like a speedo, no place in<br>
my wardrobe. not that my body is in bad condition, it just that it's not the thing to do! <p></p><i></i>
I firmly believe that there is such a thing as being TOO historically accurate. E EM<br>
<br>
If your public demonstrations contain a segment where you show the public your authentic roman underwear, I think I can see why you might be having so much trouble finding new recruits. <p>-Christy
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
-Christy Beall
See? Chicks dig the uniform, that's why we joined! <p></p><i></i>
<br>
<br>
Christy,<br>
<br>
when on Octoberat the Albano event we did the well known dozen of "battles", a lot of "died" soldiers on the ground showed their undies: none was authentic! For example, during the combat I've lost my mobile I kept in my undies in the arena... Unfortunately I was forced to keep it under the roman equipment due to the organisation matter. But I'm sure that with the authentic roman "subligacula" I'd not have lost it!<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
<br>
Titus Sabatinus Aquilius<br>
<br>
"Desilite, inquit, commilitones, nisi vultis aquilam hostibus prodere" D.B.G.<br>
<p></p><i></i>
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
This is begging a paraphrase of Mae West's:<br>
<br>
Is that a cell phone in your pocket or are you just glad to see me? <p>Richard Campbell, Legio XX<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Whose is a name that most reenactors will only recognize from the WWII lifejackets. <p>Greets<br>
<br>
Jasper</p><i></i>
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
HI<br>
<br>
A way around the underwear problem is that those that do not wear authentic gear and are caught have to wear the 'thong of shame'. A white thong bought from wherever you fancy that is never washed from person to person, the threat alone makes people wear proper gear!<br>
<br>
Or perhaps this is just a gladiator thing? M<br>
<br>
All the best<br>
<br>
Graham <p></p><i></i>
<br>
<br>
haha! You gave me a funny, funny picture. I think the cell phone topped it off! Far be it for me to ever deny the importance of historically accurate Roman underwear again! E EM<br>
<br>
I can just picture a cell phone going off doing an event too. E EM I don't suppose they make appropriate ring tones though... maybe something by Holst? <p>-Christy
<br>
<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
-Christy Beall

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Archaeological remains - who cares? Robert Vermaat 32 5,876 01-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Last Post: sonic