Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Roman Domus
Thanks Sharon! That's a great suggestion. I will work that in.
- Steve
[url:a8jteds6]http://www.ancientvine.com[/url]
Where is the game? The graphics look amazing!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thank you...the game is in development. Part of it is in my head, part of it is in 3d sketchs on my site and on my PC and the other part is on a notepad in the form of a storyline, rules and such. And the last part is not written yet. So in other words it's in it's development phase. This forum is helpful for me as I take in all your input! I appreciate it.

By the way I just rebuilt the exterior of my roman domus virtual tour. I made it typical for the kind of domus found in Pompeii. I'd post it here but don't want to blow your bandwidth. Smile
- Steve
No worries about bandwidth. RA.com has oodles of that.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Looking forward to it! 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
By the way I just rebuilt the exterior of my roman domus virtual tour.

Ooo! I'll have to visit there again soon!

I hope the game production is coming along well. Smile
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
wish i could do that!! tried MAYA once but it just takes too many hours to learn.......

beautifully done!

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Well done. I shall keep returning for more - and get my wife to visit. She's a great Colleen McCullough fan who writes lots of words to describe various domii (?), so this will really bring it too life.

The rpg sounds fun - keep us posted!
Guido
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
Thucydides (471 BC - 400 BC)
That sounds like a great idea. I would totally play a game like that.

Andy
Andy Pierucci
Stockton, California USA
Ave Decimus!

Wonderful stuff you have going there. Keep up the good work. Smile
aka: Julio Peña
Quote:"audaces Fortuna iuvat"
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.
Wow, those are some beautiful images you have there! I like it how it has that 'real'' feel that is sadly lacking in some actual reconstructions these days, such as the bath and commandants house at Arbeia (South Shields in the UK).... it just seems too plain... even for a roman! You however got it right, and its not even real! lol

I would definitely play the game, and I like the suggestions for a kind of RPG character creation setup (if that is possible) where you choose gender, skin colour, hair colour, eyes, and things like that.

Anyone who has ever played Fallout II will know, although that may be asking a bit too much. Still, if you want humour, dark/sarcastic/ironic (the best kind IMO) look there, there is some pretty funny stuff.

Best Regards,
Yuri

And keep up the good work!
Thanks again guys. I know where to go when I need input..here of course.

Updates -- Yes I am still working on the game. Most on the coding and database side, it's a ton of work so the first beta may not have all the bells and whistles I'd like.

On the 3D side I am still working on the city itself. I've done a ton of conceptual renders. Each time I get closer to the result I want. I am experiementing with some different architectural types of Roman buildings to be included in the game. In other words I am mixing in some of the building you would see in Ostia, Rome, and Pompeii. Currently working on several different apartment buildings found in Ostia. This is where most users would live until they could afford their own custom domus. I am really hoping to put up a final version of the city in the next month or two.
- Steve
Whoo! Thanks for the update, Steve! I'm looking forward to it. Big Grin
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Excelent work. Laudes for you. But the women seem a bit... elfic? Anyway, they are pretty. 8)
Hi Steve, just wanted to say again what a great job you've done, and are doing, on all these reconstructions.

What's on your project table these days?
Multi viri et feminae philosophiam antiquam conservant.

James S.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Roman time action figure (Romanes eiunt domus !?!) Uwe Bahr 0 1,339 08-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Uwe Bahr