Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What sports do you play?
Hunting people, then again it’s my occupation (police officer) and great sport.
Shooting, archery, tracking, and backpacking when I have the time.
Publius Sextius Corvus
A.K.A.
Geary W Johns
I play paintball when teh weather is nice...that and I also enjoy martial arts. Played ballhockey for a while too, except some of the players on the other team take the recreational league WAAAAY too seriously. I got highsticked and got cut right above my right eye...should have been about 3 stitches (but i didn't bother to go...lol). So i don't play anymore...not worth getting injured by morons when you're not insured and not getting paid lol.

Legion: TBD
As Jona mentioned, my only "sport" currently is survivalist cycling... that and conputer gaming, if you consider thumb exercise to be a sport.... :lol:
-Christy Beall
Quote:if you consider thumb exercise to be a sport....

No chance! :twisted:

No pain, no gain! Big Grin
Quote:I'm too skinny to play rugby lol i'm about 5 "3 - 5 "4 and 6 stone 5.

Well in your presentation it says you´re only 13 and I imagine the size problem might change before longWink I was a small skinny guy when I was 13 and now I am a strapping young man at 34 years of age and 193cm and 98 kg.

As for sports I do:

HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts)
MMA (Mixed Martial arts as in Vale Tudo, K1, Pride FC, UFC...)
Ju Jutsu
I try to run at least twice a week (8-12 km) and lift weights twice a week. I have also done some boxing in my days at the university. In addition I hike every weekend in the woods, shoot with my bows and row a boat during fishing etc, so "general" outdoors-activities in the weekends.

In addition I do cross-country skiing in winter and in the summer we play basketball and tennis, but that`s just for fun :wink: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:I do cross-country skiing in winter

You are Suomilainen, aren´t you! The cross country skíing should go without saying :twisted:
Quote:You are Suomilainen, aren´t you! The cross country skíing should go without saying
Oh yes, Martin! We have such a honourable tradition of skiing (Lahti 2001 doping-scandal etc.) :wink: ! Then again, I have never understood skiing as a competition, I love to ski in the woods/lakes at my own pace but hated the skiing competitions at schools (like most of the people I know) :evil: ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
Quote:
Et tu brute:3p78f04m Wrote:I'm too skinny to play rugby lol i'm about 5 "3 - 5 "4 and 6 stone 5.

Well in your presentation it says you´re only 13 and I imagine the size problem might change before longWink I was a small skinny guy when I was 13 and now I am a strapping young man at 34 years of age and 193cm and 98 kg.

As for sports I do:

HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts)
MMA (Mixed Martial arts as in Vale Tudo, K1, Pride FC, UFC...)
Ju Jutsu

Yeah, good point, I competed about a year ago at a local schools competition, I really enjoyed it, our team came 3rd, but we didn't have much of a chance of coming higher as the two teams above us were two years older than us.
Dave Bell/Secvndvs

Comitatus
[Image: comitatus.jpg]

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.comitatus.net">www.comitatus.net
Well Brute, my job/sport may upset you...I professionally showjump/ I ride everyday, four horses and travel everywhere. we have a truck which takes teh horses and teh front is living area, bed, shower, kitchen, lounge...home away from home.

There are many jobs within the horse industry, if you really want to work with horses you can. Ifyou want soem help with ideas message me and i will happily discuss.

I love horseriding, though sometimes it can become a chore, frustrating but it is such a good leveller - everyday is beautiful waking to see the horses.

During the off season and often when not busy competing, I have re discovered cycling. I love just cycling for hours. where we are, we cycle to teh beach, swim and come home & ride....horses that is!

I am a big Tour de France fan, but cycling is good way to stay fit and great for balance, often the bike isnt trying to buck you off!

I have played many sports during my years, played Rep soccer but gave it all away when I discovered showjumping..IT's ADDICTIVE!!!!!!! Big Grin D
Rubicon

"let the die be cast "

(Stefano Rinaldo)
Hey Dave,

just realised youre only 13...you keep at the horse riding, go along to what interests you and you will be amazed at what opportunities arise workwise.

Who knows you may get a job riding famous horses?

Did you want to compete or just ride for fun? You could work at a riding school, trail riding places, how about taking tourists for horse rides across beaches and or mountain passes?

thats how I learnt, then I met famous instructors, then I got a job riding for a famous rider, then he asked me to jump his horses and well the rest is history.

Who knows we may one day see you at the Olympics?
Rubicon

"let the die be cast "

(Stefano Rinaldo)
Quote:I try to run at least twice a week (8-12 km) and lift weights twice a week. I have also done some boxing in my days at the university. In addition I hike every weekend in the woods, shoot with my bows and row a boat during fishing etc, so "general" outdoors-activities in the weekends.

In addition I do cross-country skiing in winter and in the summer we play basketball and tennis, but that`s just for fun :wink: ...

You forgot to add reindeer herding, and milking.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Quote:
Virilis:1aux5xz9 Wrote:I try to run at least twice a week (8-12 km) and lift weights twice a week. I have also done some boxing in my days at the university. In addition I hike every weekend in the woods, shoot with my bows and row a boat during fishing etc, so "general" outdoors-activities in the weekends.

You forgot to add reindeer herding, and milking.

This is totally off topic, but I love those traditional boots made out of reindeer skin... such gorgeous workmanship... I'd kill to get a pair of those sometime. There something really cool about Finnish traditional dress.
-Christy Beall
I've never really known to choose among these:

football
[Image: GreatSportsMoment3.jpg]

corrida
[Image: GreatSportsMoment6.jpg]

ice skating
[Image: GreatSportsMoment7.jpg]

Valete,

P.S.: surfing, skiing, tennis, windsurfing, motocross, volley.
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Quote:This is totally off topic, but I love those traditional boots made out of reindeer skin... such gorgeous workmanship... I'd kill to get a pair of those sometime. There something really cool about Finnish traditional dress.

Christy, you mean this traditional dress of the lapps?:
http://www.ljplus.ru/img/l/e/leona_doma ... puku-3.jpg
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX