Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you tackle...
Quote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AAAAH! So the other night when my other half suddenly switched off the monitor with a guilty look on his face, he was looking at recurve bows, not curvy women!

Your knowledge about how women's minds work is way too good , Daniele, this is worrying...
Ladies, we need to change tactics now. :oops:

P.S. Thanks Dave

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I always knew that was how you girls worked it..... just when you figure them out, they change tactics.... :roll: was beginning to think I was paranoid!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Quote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AAAAH! So the other night when my other half suddenly switched off the monitor with a guilty look on his face, he was looking at recurve bows, not curvy women!

Your knowledge about how women's minds work is way too good , Daniele, this is worrying...
Ladies, we need to change tactics now. :oops:

P.S. Thanks Dave

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I always knew that was how you girls worked it..... just when you figure them out, they change tactics.... :roll: was beginning to think I was paranoid!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn! Making men feel paranoid is another tactic! Bah! Rumbled again!
P.S We can be bribed with chocolate :wink:
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But only certain kinds! :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
My Wife and I both have Master's degrees in Classics, so discussions of greco-roman culture have always been present in our household. She has never been interested in re-enactment and is somewhat amazed about how enthusiastic I am about it. We've both got our own hobbies and we respect and understand a fair bit about each others. I'm getting pretty good at talking about knitting.

Recently, she got excited about re-enacting, we are both attending a conference of high school students, and she is determined that we will have better greco-roman dress than another teacher. So for the next three weeks we are going to be finetuning our attire.

I guess my advice is: Listen/Learn/get yourself interested in your wife's hobbies and she will get into your hobby.

And a little competition never hurt anyone.

Cheers,
Michael Griffin
High School Teacher who knows Latin & Greek
felicior quam sus in stercu
Being a re-enactor (a freak) scares women, I talk from self experience... Cry
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
It depends, Fauentane. Some of them are fascinated by a guy in full armour. But if he looks too serious or worst, nut, and, seen that they escape away from anything they see like a sad and nerdy "Weltanschauung", it'is the end. That happens for most of the male hobbies, except, maybe, for car/bike racing, surfing, and so on (something of "heroic" and cool). Women don't admit it, but it's so.
I also think that ,"generally", women like to know that a man be "deep" and cultured, but just "in chase" and showing it just to prevail intellectually on the other males or to resolve some particular crisis. While they want him "light" and "cool" in the everyday life, better if he makes them laugh a lot and..., you know. :wink:
So, keeping the re-enactment in the "secret" trunk is better, IMO.

Vale,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]