Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armour from an Attic red-figure vase
Quote:I assumed that it was pretty much impossible to contact Montevert, and the books were out of print, so did not ask permission to put some pictures from Montvert books on my web site (although I did give the full attribution)- turned out if you type "montevert" into a search engine at that time my web site came out on the top of the list. Some people even said they didn't know about Montevert untill they saw the pictures on my web site, and they then went and bought the books. Phil threatened me with legal action if I did not remove the pictures. So that's why the site now doesn't mention Montevert at all and you don't see my web site any more. So even though that was six or seven years ago, be careful what you do with those Montevert pictures, and they were adamant that the books are not out print.

Well, first off, it's "Montvert" and not "Montevert." Second, six or seven years ago the books were out of print but Phil was still apparently active under the Montvert name. That has since changed and now Montvert no longer seems to exist.
Ruben

He had with him the selfsame rifle you see with him now, all mounted in german silver and the name that he\'d give it set with silver wire under the checkpiece in latin: Et In Arcadia Ego. Common enough for a man to name his gun. His is the first and only ever I seen with an inscription from the classics. - Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warrior Departure Scenes in Attic Red-Figure Pottery Susanne 31 7,721 06-14-2010, 04:54 AM
Last Post: rocktupac