Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PAX BRITANNICA 2007
Salvianvs the :twisted: centurion of the IX Hispania forced march us round York to the beat of his Vitvs then made us stand gaurd in coppergate for a good few hours Cry Then forced us to drink and feast on the night :lol: :lol: I woke up the next morning my ankle swollen and I couldnt put my foot down.2 years on I am getting physio ect I had dammaged the shock absorbing layer on my heel :oops: so I am slowly on the mend Big Grin D
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Quote:2 years on I am getting physio ect I had dammaged the shock absorbing layer on my heel :oops:

Brennivs, it sounds like Plantar Fasciatis - an inflamation of the tendon under the foot. I speak as someone similarly afflicted and would recomend you see a Podiatrist in addition to the physio. You may well find that the cause is your foot is over pronating (doesn't acheive a stable position when walking) which will certainly be exacerbated when walking in Caligae. This will cause inflamation of the lining (Fascia) of the tendon and give you severe pain especially when you put the foot down after a period of rest. The cure is regular iceing and a corrective orthotic heel for the inside of your shoes/caligae. Given the NHS waiting list you may have to go private but trust me it is well worth it.

I suspect many Roman reenactors get similar soreness in the heel after an event but if you are getting it days or weeks afterwards then professional help is recommended.

ps This is not an advert and no I don't get commission Cry
Vale

Maximio

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm">http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm

Pete Noons in a past life
Of course the other alternative is you volunteer for the Field Hospital and we do an amputation. Bring your hack saw along to the next event. :twisted:

Where will you be?
Vale

Maximio

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm">http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm

Maximo yes that is what it is, I have the insoles for my boots and I think if it continues I may have to go down that road Cry On amputation will that mean I get a TABVLA HONESTAE MISSIONIS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards Brennivs Big Grin D
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
Quote:On amputation will that mean I get a TABVLA HONESTAE MISSIONIS :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards Brennivs Big Grin D

Only if you lie still and don't cry out. Other wise you get a Diplomata Domina Maximus Tunicae :twisted:
Vale

Maximio

COH I BATAVORVM MCRPF

Actually, if you get disabled through injury, you will be discharged CAVSARIAE. :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Jasper can I not get out the easy way first :lol: :lol:
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
Ouch Sad I was talking to a chap from the XXth at Rockingham who got a careless jab in the face one of us barbarians at that event & I was worried that we'd had a widespread safety breakdown!

My girl suffered with tendonitis for a while & that was bad enough. She had to learn a different step in the end.

Several layers of thick leather were quite often found on the soles of boots from our period, but forget authenticity - look after yourself!

It is an oft quoted aphorism that an army marches on its stomach, but I find they get there quicker wearing comfortable boots.
Salvianus: Ste Kenwright

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Historical Re-enactment Group

My Re-enactment Journal

~ antiquum obtinens ~
Salvianvs I agree I think even back then soldiers made there kit more comfitable Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
Actually brennius I have a different story. Brennius was not force marched around York and did the damage. It involved large amounts of alcohol and a tent peg. Honest......... :wink:
Ainsley
Wandering Soldier
Pertinax Shhhhhhhhhh dont say any more :oops: nice to see you on RAT Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
Cheers mate. And sorry, I thought everyone knew Confusedhock: Big Grin
Ainsley
Wandering Soldier
PS. Hows things? Thought ya might of been up at Binchester mate. Howd chester go?
Ainsley
Wandering Soldier
Sorry I could not make Binchester on hol or work . Had a great time in Chester even with the rain .I slept in with the alters and standards with my trusty millitary blanket and sagem,otherwise things are great very busy making kit though.Sorry to here Ebaracvm date changed but will see you there later.Hows things at your end Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
Excellent stuff. Yeh its going good here. Though our wall walk on Sunday nearly crippled the lot of us. Caligae and concrete do not mix on a 20 mile hike really. :x (
Ainsley
Wandering Soldier