Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollywood Romans - New Feature Film About Pilate
Historical accuracy and the Bible don't exactly go hand in hand all the time. There'd be an outrage if Jesus was portrayed as anything other than a muscular, bearded white European for one thing. :/ With that said, a film studying the life of a lower-ranked member of the aristocracy would be quite novel.
Quote:Actually, I expect they'll go with the story that Pilate ended up seeing the error of his ways and became a christian himself (prompted by his wife...).
I think at that point we wave goodbye to hopes of historical verism (that's not even a common myth). If they did go this route though, it would be very much a throwback to Gold and Silver Age Hollywood, as most recent major Roman epics have favoured pagan protagonists and belief systems.

Personally, I would hope that they would take a secular route and try to downplay the significance of Jesus in Pilate's life. In the Bible he barely plays much of a role, and it's unlikely that a Roman administrator would care unduly over the fate of one inhabitant of their province. I'd much rather see a broader take on Roman politics from the perspective of a relatively minor player.

Messages In This Thread
Hollywood Romans - New Feature Film About Pilate - by Robert Matthew - 01-10-2013, 04:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hollywood Romans -- Spartacus & Dalton Trumbo Narukami 6 2,555 08-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  Hollywood Romans -- New Feature Film about... AMELIANVS 46 8,764 08-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  New Feature Film on Cleopatra Narukami 11 2,782 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Kegluneq