Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stonehenge Damage
Ive a few acres of land,mebbe we could release em then hunt em down like dogs???great way to get some exercise too!!
Out of sight of subject shores, we kept even our eyes free from the defilement of tyranny. We, the most distant dwellers upon earth, the last of the free, have been shielded till today by our very remoteness and by the obscurity in which it has shrouded our name.
Calgacus The Swordsman, Mons Grapius 84 AD.

Name:Michael Hayes
This is why I'm skeptical of the people who want to excavate the rest of the Villa of the Papyri right now. Finds are safe underground, but not so when left unprotected in the open like most of Pompeii and Herculaneum today. (Not to mention that Vesuvious is due for another eruption which could destroy most of Naples).

Its a shame that that since they are acting like Vandals, we can't sic the local legiones on them Wink
Nullis in verba

I have not checked this forum frequently since 2013, but I hope that these old posts have some value. I now have a blog on books, swords, and the curious things humans do with them.
And what do you think they've learned? Nothing. Or, maybe, to be more circumspect.

Hard to believe that about Pompeii were it not for similar activity worldwide.
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roof on Stonehenge richsc 6 2,942 02-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Vindex
  Stonehenge Google Earth programme Caballo 2 1,644 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Rubico
  Stonehenge: new theories Caballo 4 2,783 07-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Libitina