Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adolf Hitler is still alive!
Quote:
Eleatic Guest:2a6extpc Wrote:and - oh my God - seems to be married to an unsuspecting wife:
Where in the world is Adolf Hitler?
Sorry but I don't get it.

www.verwandt.de has it that the German telephone book features only a single entry, A SINGLE ONE, of the surname "Hitler". ("In Deutschland gibt es 1 Telefonbucheintrag zum Namen Hitler...)

The website then goes on saying that one entry statistically corresponds to "two persons" in the household ("...und damit ca. 2 Personen mit diesem Namen.")

It cannot be no other than his - of course, unsuspecting - wife!

QED Big Grin wink:
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)
Quote:Click here to find out about Mr. Hilter

Is this when Hitler hide under his pseudonym Hilter?

There is even a better one:
Adolf Hitler is still alive - I slept with her last night.
- Jim Morrison

But enough of the lunatic. I just thought it funny that there is one, only one person in Germany going by his name.
Stefan (Literary references to the discussed topics are always appreciated.)
This is interesting. My family is from eastern Gelderland, and when I checked the name, the highest number of Lenderings in Germany is across the border. Now in Holland, there are more Lenderinks than Lenderings; in Germany, it is the other way round. Perhaps my family has the German version of the name.

It's very interesting to see that Schulz en Schulze are most popular in the Elbe-Oder zone (i.e., Brandenburg) that was developed in the 12th-13th centuries; it was the common title of the locator who started the development.

And what does it mean that all Munchausen's live in the German capital?
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Quote:It's very interesting to see that Schulz en Schulze are most popular in the Elbe-Oder zone (i.e., Brandenburg) that was developed in the 12th-13th centuries; it was the common title of the locator who started the development.

Is this name related to Shultze? One of my sisters was married to a Shultze....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Is this name related to Shultze? One of my sisters was married to a Shultze....
Dunno - but it seems likely. Again, note the concentration along the Elbe/Oder. Isn't it interesting that you can still see the development of an area after seven or eight centuries in the names of the people?
Jona Lendering
My website
I tried it with my surname - WINK. ..

1. Main-Kinzig-Kreis (48)
2. Rhein-Neckar-Kreis (38)
3. Wiesbaden (37)
4. Bad Kreuznach (34)
5. Heidelberg (21)
6. Mainz-Bingen (20)
7. Vogelsbergkreis (19)
8. Unna (15)
9. Rheingau-Taunus-Kreis (12)
10. Hochtaunuskreis (12)

Lots more in the Netherlands too. No surprises to me at least!
http://www.verwandt.de/karten/absolut/dinnis.html

Hey this is interesting, there is still a small concentration of my maternal grandmothers name...Dinnis (or also the Dinis) I can't recall the exact spelling, but both show a presence in Germany, but distinctly different areas :? , who were in Russia before going to Canada

A definate proof of the Germanic/Russian side to the family! Big Grin
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:
Tiberius Clodius Corvinus:2v8mz08i Wrote:Click here to find out about Mr. Hilter

Is this when Hitler hide under his pseudonym Hilter?
yep

Quote:And what does it mean that all Munchausen's live in the German capital?

Wink

to save the honor of my home. the actual name is Münchhausen and this name's spatial distribution is more evenly. :lol:
[size=85:2j3qgc52]- Carsten -[/size]
Quote:Is this name related to Shultze? One of my sisters was married to a Shultze....
Shultze is indeed (one of) the anglisized versions of Schulze, Schultz, Scholz etc. etc. ... and btw one of most common surnames here besides Lehmann, Meier, Müller. So it's more usual to have a Schulz in the bloodline than not. Smile

Quote:Dunno - but it seems likely. Again, note the concentration along the Elbe/Oder. Isn't it interesting that you can still see the development of an area after seven or eight centuries in the names of the people?
true, I was surprised, too when I heard that according to name researchers some 80% of people here, despite all war-related displacements, live still where their ancestors lived ... at least down to medieval times.
but down to the turn of eras only the Hessians and Saxonians still live in their former living grounds.
Not surprisingly there are a lot of Reinke's in Germany -- 10,000

On the other hand, not too many with the name Narukami... :roll:

:wink:

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Quote:I was surprised, too when I heard that according to name researchers some 80% of people here, despite all war-related displacements, live still where their ancestors lived ...
Wasn't there a story, a month or two ago, about a German who turned out to be DNA-related to a 4,000 year old skeleton found near his hometown?
Jona Lendering
My website
There are several places here in the US, with roads/streets with the name of Hitler. I saw one myself white driving in Circileville Ohio.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Quote:
Tiberius Clodius Corvinus:28ow9rgz Wrote:I was surprised, too when I heard that according to name researchers some 80% of people here, despite all war-related displacements, live still where their ancestors lived ...
Wasn't there a story, a month or two ago, about a German who turned out to be DNA-related to a 4,000 year old skeleton found near his hometown?
yes, here is the "old" Spiegel-article
http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mens ... 85,00.html
I know Adolf Hitler is still alive but he is starting to smell funny 8) ...
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Quote:I know Adolf Hitler is still alive but he is starting to smell funny 8) ...

That must be an improvement then? He used to really stink last century... Tongue
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The ultimate Hitler parody Jona Lendering 19 5,024 11-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Simplex
  Hitler´s Nightmare.... caiusbeerquitius 1 1,025 11-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Narukami
  Hitler\'s paintings Jona Lendering 9 2,726 02-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Primvs Pavlvs