Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollywood Romans - New Feature Film About Pilate
Quote:Pilate probably just came to the end of his term, and exited. I don't know if we ever hear anything from him again.

Was there not some complaint or other from the provincials about Pilate's severity? This might just be part of the hagiographic tradition though...

Quote:I would hope that they would take a secular route and try to downplay the significance of Jesus in Pilate's life... I'd much rather see a broader take on Roman politics from the perspective of a relatively minor player.

We might all hope that. Unfortunately, Brad Pitt would not, I'd guess, be enlisted to play the role of an average Roman administrator going about his daily business, who just happens to have some link to Jesus. The Jesus link is the whole point of the story, as far as the modern cinema audience is concerned! So I think we can expect to see the religious angle pretty much dominating Pilate's life, one way or another...

The 'final conversion' idea might be very tenuous, but it would provide an obvious way to dramatise Pilate's conflicts - and besides, how else could they present him sympathetically? You wouldn't want to make a whole fim about a bad guy, after all!
Nathan Ross
Quote:The 'final conversion' idea might be very tenuous, but it would provide an obvious way to dramatise Pilate's conflicts - and besides, how else could they present him sympathetically? You wouldn't want to make a whole fim about a bad guy, after all!

I would!! Please refer to avatar...
Alexander

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hollywood Romans -- Spartacus & Dalton Trumbo Narukami 6 2,515 08-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  Hollywood Romans -- New Feature Film about... AMELIANVS 46 8,558 08-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  New Feature Film on Cleopatra Narukami 11 2,770 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Kegluneq