Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollywood Romans -- New Feature Film about...
Quote: If by 'niot too bad' you mean it's not made from purple plastic I agree - other than that it's once more back to Leather Fantasy times. Yeah, Gladiator was no feast of historical accuracy either, but with Spartacus inbetween I'd say let's not become positive when they get it 1% better. It's still awfully bad. Cry
I took the manica to be darkened (probably fake) metal. If it is just leather effect then that's pretty rubbish as well.

But at the end of the day I'd still rather see bad films made about Rome than none at all. I've quite often referred to 'King Arthur' to explain Late Roman Britain to family members (with many qualifications!), and Spartacus (the movie) to explain Republic warfare.

I'd hope that this film will at least show pre-Roman Britain in a relatively positive light, and show Pompeii as we know it to have been. Given that it would defy narrative logic not to do so, this is pretty low-hanging fruit!
Quote: I've quite often referred to 'King Arthur' to explain Late Roman Britain to family members (with many qualifications!), and Spartacus (the movie) to explain Republic warfare.

DON"T!!! :o
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hollywood Romans -- Spartacus & Dalton Trumbo Narukami 6 2,511 08-18-2015, 02:07 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  New Feature Film on Cleopatra Narukami 11 2,770 01-24-2013, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Kegluneq
  Hollywood Romans - New Feature Film About Pilate Narukami 16 3,899 01-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Alexand96