Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your 3 fave real life or fictional civilizations?
Including and in addition to Roman civilization (if that's a personal favorite) what are your 3 or even 4 personal favorite civilizations – be it any real life ones (from any period in earth history), or any fictional past or future made up civilizations (created in any admired graphic novels or fiction books) and please say why you admire each one, for each favorite civilization named.
KL70, welcome and, please, add at least your real first name to the signature. Rules of the Forum... 8)

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Rome, Persia, United States
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
Hyborian Age, Rome, and US
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Ancient Greece, "Bell Epoque" Europe, Hyboria

Kind regards
Rome, Byzantine Empire...Galactic Empire (Star Wars), because I like order and imperialism :wink:
Martin
US, Rome, Klingon Empire (I love Klingons)
Tiberius Claudius Vindex
Coh I Nerv
aka Chris Goshey

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.geocities.com/naginata12084/hpage.html">http://www.geocities.com/naginata12084/hpage.html
Kemit, Rome and Rohan.
[Image: 120px-Septimani_seniores_shield_pattern.svg.png] [Image: Estalada.gif]
Ivan Perelló
[size=150:iu1l6t4o]Credo in Spatham, Corvus sum bellorum[/size]
Sparta, The Old Republic (star wars), Early Tokugawa Shogunate, The Magic World of Harry Potter.

Legion: TBD
Late Bronze and Early Iron Age Greece, Athens (during the Delian League years) and the USSR.
Ioannis Georganas, PhD
Secretary and Newsletter Editor
The Society of Ancient Military Historians
http://www.ancientmilitaryhistorians.org/

Rome, Rohan and the Warhammer40k universe (imperial side)
Patrick Stritter
Publius Militiares sine Cognomen
Legio Comitatenses Minervii

I\'\'ve seen things you people wouldn\'\'t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams ... glitter in the dark near Tanhauser Gate. All those ... moments will be lost ... in time, like tears ... in rain. Roy Batty
[size=150:3jjnx6ab]R[/size]ome, yes of course! Rohan... oh YEAH! Wouldn't YOU just wanna ride out w/ Theoden... Oh yeah! Old Republic (Star Wars?) maybe... maybe not. Better than Trek though.. more real feeling to it. Hmmmm, third one, Imperial Germany, about 1885 or so.
DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS
a.k.a.: Marsh Wise
Legio IX Hispana www.legioix.org

Alteris renumera duplum de quoquo tibi numeraverunt

"A fondness for power is implanted in most men, and it is natural to abuse it when acquired." -- Alexander Hamilton

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat myself." ~Mark Twain

[img size=150]http://www.romanobritain.org/Graphics/marsh_qr1.png[/img]
(Oooh, Marshall, you cannot use an icky modern QR code, it is against all policies and rules.)
Quote:Rome, Persia, United States
I'd love to learn why a European would include the United States in this sort of list???
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
Rome, the Elven cities of Middle Earth, and Narnia.

Aslan is my king also... although, as C.S. Lewis said, he is known by a different Name in our world...
Robert Stroud
The New Scriptorium
In chronological order: Republican rome, imperial rome, high and late. Three
Jeffery Wyss
"Si vos es non secui of solutio tunc vos es secui of preciptate."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real Life Military Experience john m roberts 80 12,101 01-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Last Post: AuxArcher
  What evil regimes (real or fictional) do you most dislike? GBaxter 1 893 11-11-2006, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Dan Diffendale
  Real Life Simpsons Intro! Susanne 14 2,529 03-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Caius Valens