Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you get your military history books?
In Sydney Napoleons is the place to go for military books although close by is Abbeys which is excellent for academic works and a range of historical fiction (and is independently owned).

However several Newsagencies stock the other military magazines (Military Illustrated, Military History and Military Heritage as well as MHQ and Armchair General) The Australian distribution model means that these are also available in Hobby Stores (especially Hobby City and Tin Soldier)

There are many excellent second hand stores for military/ancient history books in Newtown and elsewhere (my favourite is Berkelouws which has Loebs quite often at less than half the retail price - I picked up Greece and Rome at war for $20 AUD the other day - I couldn't pass that up so now I have 2.

Otherwise it is Ebay, Amazon and Abebooks (I got Dilke's Roman Land Surveying incredibly cheap from a seller who didn't know what they had)
And before this turns into a bragging match of what bargains I got where that pretty much covers my haunts.

Cheers

Murray
Murray K Dahm

\'\'\'\'No matter how many you kill, you cannot kill your successor\'\'\'\' - Seneca to Nero - Dio 62

\'\'\'\'There is no way of correcting wrongdoing in those who think that the height of virtue consists in the execution of their will\'\'\'\' - Ammianus Marcellinus 27.7.9

Messages In This Thread
Book shops - by Decebalus - 04-22-2007, 03:22 PM
BOOKS - by Graham Sumner - 04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Re: Where do you get your military history books? - by Muzzaguchi - 04-23-2007, 08:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT\'s knowledge of military history rivals Oxford Epictetus 9 2,619 04-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Michael Kerr
  Military history magazine survey Praefectusclassis 40 7,185 05-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Titvs Statilivs Castvs
  Military History Praefectusclassis 50 20,440 06-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Astiryu1