Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do you get your military history books?
http://www.taylorbooks.com/

http://www.booksamillion.com

Jasper besides the usual Waldens, and Borders these are two local ones to me. The 2nd of course is a chainstore.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
here in rotterdam we have only 1 real good bookstore: Selexyz Donner.

Quote:"Preussisches Bücherkabinett"&"Berliner Zinnfiguren"

ahh, a really good one that is!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
in vienna

Morawa Wollzeile
Wollzeile 11, A-1010 Wien
Tel (+43) 1 513 7 513-450
Fax (+43) 1 513 7 513-138

[url:25020mer]http://www.morawa-buch.at/[/url]

the nice booksellers order me all books if it are not storing
In Sydney Napoleons is the place to go for military books although close by is Abbeys which is excellent for academic works and a range of historical fiction (and is independently owned).

However several Newsagencies stock the other military magazines (Military Illustrated, Military History and Military Heritage as well as MHQ and Armchair General) The Australian distribution model means that these are also available in Hobby Stores (especially Hobby City and Tin Soldier)

There are many excellent second hand stores for military/ancient history books in Newtown and elsewhere (my favourite is Berkelouws which has Loebs quite often at less than half the retail price - I picked up Greece and Rome at war for $20 AUD the other day - I couldn't pass that up so now I have 2.

Otherwise it is Ebay, Amazon and Abebooks (I got Dilke's Roman Land Surveying incredibly cheap from a seller who didn't know what they had)
And before this turns into a bragging match of what bargains I got where that pretty much covers my haunts.

Cheers

Murray
Murray K Dahm

\'\'\'\'No matter how many you kill, you cannot kill your successor\'\'\'\' - Seneca to Nero - Dio 62

\'\'\'\'There is no way of correcting wrongdoing in those who think that the height of virtue consists in the execution of their will\'\'\'\' - Ammianus Marcellinus 27.7.9
In Hamburg, unfortunately, the only bookshops dedicated to military history I know are rather - ideologically dodgy. But we have a few places wher reenactors go to buy their costuming books, Ospreys, and occasionally something of a higher calibre. You want I should go and talk to them? We've already helped the with armour authenticity once or twice.
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
Of course, by all means! It's always better when potential customers come and ask for Ancient Warfare.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Roma

Libreria Ares
Via Lorenzo il Magnifico 46 - 00162 Roma.
Tel. +39 06-44232188

Milan

La Libreria Militare
Via Morigi 15 - 20123 Milano
Tel/fax +39 02-89010725

www.libreriamilitare.com

Valete,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Do any American bookstores chains carry Ancient Warfare?
"Fugit irreparabile tempus" (Irrecoverable time glides away) Virgil

Ron Andrea
Hi Ron,
Not yet, and chains will be unlikely for a bit longer because of the enormous volume (and thus investment) involved. We are going to try and market it to selected independent bookstores and hope they pick it up.
If you know of a good candidate in Colorado, please let me know!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Awright. Just put letters & brochures in the mail to almost all of the above mentioned stores. More suggestions are still very welcome!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I would nominate The Tattered Cover, a growing chain of independent book stores (is that an oxymoron?) in the Denver, CO area.
http://www.tatteredcover.com/

In Colorado Springs, Poor Richard's at www.poorrichardswebsite.com

Hope one of them rises to the bait.

Ron

Ron Andrea
I'll be sure to bait them. Thanks!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Do you have an offer code for members of RAT?

Ron Andrea
Hi Ron,
Not yet, but it's not a bad idea. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
It might help you--even if no discount is offered--to identify how many customers cames to you through RAT.

Ron Andrea

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RAT\'s knowledge of military history rivals Oxford Epictetus 9 2,539 04-04-2013, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Michael Kerr
  Military history magazine survey Praefectusclassis 40 7,080 05-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Titvs Statilivs Castvs
  Military History Praefectusclassis 50 20,221 06-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Astiryu1